Looking for Flytrex Input

Reaction score
Well I am cutting it pretty close as I fly out with my wife for Hawaii on Sunday. Looking around I bumped into information about the Flytrex core. I haven't been able to let go of how awesome it would be to have one on my phantom when flying in Hawaii.

(First off yes I did a search) (No I did not arrive at a consensus for my question)

My question for those of you with the Flytrex core is do you like it and would you buy it again? It is really useful or just a novelty? On one hand the thought is really intriguing of being able to capture the telemetry data and then display the data on a map or use software to overlay video. On the other, do you actually do this on a regular basis and find the information useful beyond just the "cool" factor?

I am not trying to talk myself into it or out of it I just need to make a decision by the morning if I am going to go this route as I still have to get it installed and get the Phantom tested out before packing it all back up. I don't mind spending the money (man this hobby can be expensive :shock: ) but I want to have a sense that this is something that many feel to be a worthwhile addition to the Phantom and not be disappointed. I may never get back to Hawaii and the idea of having the flight data seems like something worthwhile to bring home.

All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Yeah, I'd definitely buy it again. As soon as he releases the version for the Wookong I'll be getting that too. It's reliable and works exactly as advertised, and the customer support is among the best in this market or any other.

If you want a simple way to have independent telemetry data to work with, for whatever reason, there's no equal. Whether it's the right option for you and will outlast the novelty factor just depends on what else you'd use it for. Flytrex does their part to keep it interesting with the challenges and badges on the site, but once you check off all of those you want you'll need some other use for it to keep using it. I love mine because I crave data by nature, and Dashware can add some interesting elements to videos you share (tip: don't overdo it with the number of gauges), but unless you were planning on publish vids very often or have any other interest in the data, it's not an absolute must-have.

When I bought mine back in Oct I figured I may want the data it provides independent of the NAZA at some point for troubleshooting purposes, but I haven't ended up needing to use it for that yet.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! That is the kind of information I needed. I am a data guy as well! I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Dealer says he will ensure shipping quickly so if l goes well I should have it in time. Now to decide how where to
Install it. I already opened up the Phantom to have a look around to get ready. Having worked on laptops for fun this is a breeze to open up and get around.

OI Photography said:
Yeah, I'd definitely buy it again. As soon as he releases the version for the Wookong I'll be getting that too. It's reliable and works exactly as advertised, and the customer support is among the best in this market or any other.

If you want a simple way to have independent telemetry data to work with, for whatever reason, there's no equal. Whether it's the right option for you and will outlast the novelty factor just depends on what else you'd use it for. Flytrex does their part to keep it interesting with the challenges and badges on the site, but once you check off all of those you want you'll need some other use for it to keep using it. I love mine because I crave data by nature, and Dashware can add some interesting elements to videos you share (tip: don't overdo it with the number of gauges), but unless you were planning on publish vids very often or have any other interest in the data, it's not an absolute must-have.

When I bought mine back in Oct I figured I may want the data it provides independent of the NAZA at some point for troubleshooting purposes, but I haven't ended up needing to use it for that yet.

I do have a question about the Dashware feature. To import the data do you need to go thru the Flytrex website to import the data into Dashware or can Dashware import directly from Flytrex.

SRT said:
I do have a question about the Dashware feature. To import the data do you need to go thru the Flytrex website to import the data into Dashware or can Dashware import directly from Flytrex.

You do have to upload the mission data to the site first, then export from there to a .csv file for Dashware to use. The mission doesn't have to be publicly visible on the site, but you do have to go through that step. I guess the data is in a proprietary format initially, I haven't found another way to read the .fpv files it creates on the SD card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20