Looking for advise on purchasing my first phantom

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Having been exceptionally good this year, Santa has made possible a decent Christmas budget towards getting my first phantom.

Limited budget allows me to have 1 of these possible option and was looking for advise on what would be the best value for money.

Phantom 4 refurb with soft shell backpack and fast car charger

Phantom 3 pro with
A total of 2 x batteries
Aluminium Carry Case
Sun Shield
Camera Guard
Fast Car Charger
Detachable Propeller Guards
Lens Hood
Lens Cover
Lanyard
Remote Control Yaw Dampers
ND4 Camera Lens Filter
USB SD and SD-mini card reader
Antenna Boosters
Hard shell backpack

Phantom 3 standard with
A total of 3x batteries
Aluminium Carry Case
Fast Car Charger

Forget the standard. The range issue will have you seething at how bad it can be. ESP in urban areas. So def any of the P4

Neon Euc

check craigslist before you get it online too since there are usually some great deals there. Plus, you can bargain it down a bit

I would personally go with the P3P or P4 since they both use Lightbridge. You could probably skip many of those P3P accessories. Save yourself some money and see what you actually need after you get a few flights under your belt.

Reactions: Meta4
I would personally go with the P3P or P4 since they both use Lightbridge. You could probably skip many of those P3P accessories. Save yourself some money and see what you actually need after you get a few flights under your belt.
Thanks. The accessories on the p3p are all part of a bundle and can't be removed. I would love to skip a few and get extra batteries but it's not possible.

Going by your list, P3P. But you don't need half that crap that's in the list. Case and backpack? What's the price?
First drone and limited budget?
P3 advanced.

Going by your list, P3P. But you don't need half that crap that's in the list. Case and backpack? What's the price?
First drone and limited budget?
P3 advanced.

I actually can fit everything into the backpack apart from the prop guards . The case allows me to put the phantom back without having to remove the props.

The price was 17'000 South African rands

Thanks for all the advise guys!

I landed up getting the p3p

Just a bit upset it's raining here so will wait till tomorrow to fly

Reactions: Neon Euc
I'm very new on this forum and was happy to come across a SA member of this forum as I'm from Johannesburg. I bumped into a guy with P3P in Jeffrey's Bay and got instantly interested in acquiring a Phamtom.

I'm still in my research phase , watching endless YouTube videos on drones and this forum is making more wiser on what I should get. I'm keen on the Phamtom 4 factory refurb with it's accessories, on special now for ZAR18999 - SAVing up up to get this bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20