Looking for advice.

Reaction score
New to dji and hooked.. Bought a P2 and took a few flights. Installed second battery and in a couple minutes it dropped like a rock and now one motor doesn't work. Rest seems ok. Got mad. Went out and bought a P2+ next day and Made the mistake of using that same battery after a full charge not knowing it was the issue. So 2 days later after some sweet filming I made the mistake of using the same battery and it lost connection again and it dropped like a rock. Broke the gimble on this one. So I have 2 down and pretty frustrated but want to fix or buy again. Most likely the P3p. Any advice? Can I sell both of mine for parts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Selling for parts is a good idea but I'm pretty sure there is a 30 day waiting period before you can buy a new drone after having crashed two.

Sorry, don't mean to make light of your loss(es). My advice is to get a small, cheap drone to practice with before moving to the P3.

You sound like my wife!!. I didn't crash though. I used a faulty battery in both units. It just dropped from straight above me. My fault for trying the same battery in the new unit.

Three drone strikes and your out of my will. Hahahaha
So, did you RTFM and get real familiar with your new craft, before initial liftoff?
Ooh, this doesn't sound good, 'a bad battery made me do it'?
Please go buy a copy of www.realflight.com. Save yourself from some of those heartaches. Yes, an elcheapo quadcopter would also be a wise investment at this opportune time, too. Learn to walk before you run-trip-stumble and crash.

Your intentions are righteous, but your journey had some roadblocks.
Once you read up, and practice a wee bit more, you will be better prepared to succeed.

RedHotPoker

Ha. Not the advice I'm looking for! I will pay $ for my mistakes. If the battery says 99% and all systems check I thought it would know there was something up with the battery. I take blame for trusting the battery. Where's a good place to buy parts then?

No. Just the dji app. Just flying about 80' above me

Both times units fell this is what happened. Was flying directly above and noticed the lights flashed red. Looked at controller and it said lost contact. Tried to lower. Lights go out. Drops. Battery said 99% when plugged in and it happened just a couple minutes in.

With that faulty battery, you shouldn't have had to pay twice, to play.
If you want to shop online, the resources are nearly infinite.
I do prefer to buy my RC supplies, spare parts, and stuff from a local hobby shop, as they offer 100% complete satisfactory customer services as well.
Check out this one. www.droneolgy.com

RedHotPoker

Three drone strikes and your out of my will. Hahahaha
So, did you RTFM and get real familiar with your new craft, before initial liftoff?
Ooh, this doesn't sound good, 'a bad battery made me do it'?
Please go buy a copy of www.realflight.com. Save yourself from some of those heartaches. Yes, an elcheapo quadcopter would also be a wise investment at this opportune time, too. Learn to walk before you run-trip-stumble and crash.

Your intentions are righteous, but your journey had some roadblocks.
Once you read up, and practice a wee bit more, you will be better prepared to succeed.

RedHotPoker
Does RealFlight work with the DJI RC?

No, RealFlight has its own, a wired controller that you plug into your computer USB.
There are adapters available that will allow you to use your regular RC Tx, like a Futaba or Spektrum. Even wirelessly. ;-)
They also recently, due to popular demand, released a drone exclusive version of RealFlight.

RedHotPoker

Yeah, add to the web cam, printer, flat bed scanner, game controls, various other devices....
Ah, I have a dedicated liquid cooled HP Envy Phoenix computer with 12 USB plugs, reserved for my Phantom 3 Pro' 4K video and my RealFlight data. Haha

Just like my iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular, a device that is solely for my DJI associated hardware..
You've got to prioritize your life loves.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers