Looking for a pilot on the Wirral

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've just joined to forum to ask if there are any pilots on the Wirral? (UK)

I'm looking for someone to do a join commercial venture with. I have a few clients interested in a package I've put together for my services (http://www.hdr360.co.uk) but I would also like to include aerial photography (and possibly videography)

I've seen some youtube channels called WirralfromAbove and DroneTV, are the owners on here?

Many thanks
Dave

haha no! I'm doing some panoramic virtual tours for some large sites, and I would also like to offer an extra option to have aerial photos too.

There's been a guy in our area approaching clients, so surely it's not illegal?

Thanks
Dave

hdr360 said:
haha no! I'm doing some panoramic virtual tours for some large sites, and I would also like to offer an extra option to have aerial photos too.

There's been a guy in our area approaching clients, so surely it's not illegal?

Thanks
Dave

depends what he's using, where, and whether he has the necessary qualifications, equipment and boxes ticked by the CAA. i don't imagine there are many, if any, pro outfits using phantoms in the UK. i guess there could be??, but phantoms don't tend to carry pro level camera equipment so a request for a pilot on a 'phantompilots' forum seems a bit hinky, or perhaps just a little misplaced?? good luck with your quest. :)

Oh, sorry, came accross the forum and thought it might be the best place.
I'm totally unaware of the rules for quadcopters in the uk. Can you go fly it almost anywhere for pleasure/personal use, but have to have licences for commercial places?

The photo shootI have in mind, an attached GoPro should be sufficient, no need for a DSLR.

Is there a better place to find someone than this forum?

many thanks for any pointers
Dave

hdr360 said:
I'm totally unaware of the rules for quadcopters in the uk. Can you go fly it almost anywhere for pleasure/personal use, but have to have licences for commercial places?

Dave

basically yes, but the anywhere part is also restricted, no built up areas or within certain distances of structures and airports and a few other things too, too much for me to quote here. for the most part the CAA aren't going to bother you, but once you start uploading video or photo's effecitively posting evidence against yourself they will bite. hence my first reply. if gopro quality is all you need there will be plenty of folk on this forum who 'could' do what you want, but finding someone who will, and in your area is a another story.you are effectively asking for people to possibly/probably break the law

a better solution, though obviously not as cheap, is to google and find a pro outfit that can do the job for you if it's a one off. if you intend to add the service to your services maybe go down the correct route and get the kit required and do it legally yourself?? but the CAA won't be handing out permits willy nilly and they have lots of boxes to tick, just like full size ( i know a few PPL holders with their own aircraft and the paperwork is a bit OTT, but for the right reasons)

locoworks said:
hdr360 said:

Dave

basically yes, but the anywhere part is also restricted, no built up areas or within certain distances of structures and airports and a few other things too, too much for me to quote here. for the most part the CAA aren't going to bother you, but once you start uploading video or photo's effecitively posting evidence against yourself they will bite. hence my first reply. if gopro quality is all you need there will be plenty of folk on this forum who 'could' do what you want, but finding someone who will, and in your area is a another story.you are effectively asking for people to possibly/probably break the law

a better solution, though obviously not as cheap, is to google and find a pro outfit that can do the job for you if it's a one off. if you intend to add the service to your services maybe go down the correct route and get the kit required and do it legally yourself?? but the CAA won't be handing out permits willy nilly and they have lots of boxes to tick, just like full size ( i know a few PPL holders with their own aircraft and the paperwork is a bit OTT, but for the right reasons)

Ok, I see, many thanks for all the info. I definitely don't want anyone to break the law, so I will contact some pro outfits and see what the costs are.

Great forum by the way everyone
Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1