Looking for a P3P camera/gimbal

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade from my P3A to a P3P - does anybody have parts available that could supply me with just a gimbal and camera? I realize I can buy new for $539 but was looking for a used unit that is fully functional.
Thanks -
Mark

Is this what you need?

Attachments

• 1451031014381.jpg
    1451031014381.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 441
  • 1451031029898.jpg
    1451031029898.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 457
I would get in contact with Hunch. He usually has a lot of cameras available. I bought one from him. Good guy to work with.

you could have just replaced the main board for $100 and put a PRO main board on Advanced gimbal and voila you have a P3P.. :)
that's the only difference between the cameras.

I actually have 2 drones and nobody can seem to figure out the problem with drone #1. I've replaced the board previously and it still doesn't work. #2 needed a gimbal so I just decided to get a new P3P, pull the board and motors and install as an entire unit in #1 and pull the gimbal for #2. Now I have 2 fully functioning drones - and a lot of extra parts.

you could have just replaced the main board for $100 and put a PRO main board on Advanced gimbal and voila you have a P3P.. :)
that's the only difference between the cameras.

I was thinking of replacing some parts on my P3A to make it a P3P. Am I right in assuming I just need the P3P camera motherboard and the fan of course?

Cool, now to find one cheap!

I was thinking of replacing some parts on my P3A to make it a P3P. Am I right in assuming I just need the P3P camera motherboard and the fan of course?
Sorry to disagree, but he's not right.

The motherboard is the same, it's just a firmware change and a change to the camera. As a matter of fact, I had 2 drones with different issues and purchased a P3P. I pulled the motherboard and put it on a P3A and put the gimbal/camera on my other P3P. Now they both work perfectly and I have a whole lot of extra parts to sell (or use as spares).

By motherboard I meant the motherboard of the camera itself not the actual bird. The camera motherboard has some extra processing chips from the photos I have seen.

Reactions: Droneted
I'm not sure what is meant by the "camera motherboard" but i assume it's contained within the gimbal. I simply bought a new gimbal/camera and installed it on a "former" P3A.

I did notice the fan though. I just thought I'd possibly lost the fan in my other P3A ... maybe not???

I understand I can change the whole thing but I am trying to do it a lot cheaper by salvaging parts and putting together a 4K camera from my 2.7K camera and the essential parts from a 4K one. Then flash my bird to Pro firmware of course.

Sorry to disagree, but he's not right.

The motherboard is the same, it's just a firmware change and a change to the camera. As a matter of fact, I had 2 drones with different issues and purchased a P3P. I pulled the motherboard and put it on a P3A and put the gimbal/camera on my other P3P. Now they both work perfectly and I have a whole lot of extra parts to sell (or use as spares).
No, YOU are wrong. The gimbal main boards (if that is what you are referring to when saying motherboard) are not the same. The main boards inside the phantom itself are the same but main boards inside the gimbal are different.

I just got this photo of the P3P and P3A camera main board differences today.

dfdddda0bc18baa38d604a08f5bfe7db.jpg

Hunch is correct. Switch the gimbal main board to change to a P. I have done it. The cameras are identical. When u are done it is a P even if the camera is from am A. U will be prompted to update firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20