Looking for a modified Phantom 3 controller in UK

Reaction score
I am looking to extend range as much as possible from the stock setup. I have looked at DBS and FPVLR but the install looks too complicated.

Is there any way to get hold of an already modified controller in England? Does anyone sell these that will ship to the UK?

Let me know

Try the windsurfers first!
I wish I had I just went and bought the DBS mod but still havent had time to install it.
Some people find they work almost as well.

Do windsurfers work? I was looking for a more permanent solution so I don't have to mess about in the future.

You got a link where I can look?

I have two Phantoms, one mod was to do 8 dbi omni directional antenna. The second I did the DBS Itelite. Results were the stick antenna double my distance but the DBS tripled it. Putting DBS in place of the sticks next. Much better solution.

I ordered a windsurfer should be arriving next week done a long flight two days ago with low wind got upto 1800 metres before signal crap out urban area too
Will try again with windsurfer when we actually get any good weather in the uk.

I am looking to extend range as much as possible from the stock setup. I have looked at DBS and FPVLR but the install looks too complicated.

Is there any way to get hold of an already modified controller in England? Does anyone sell these that will ship to the UK?

Let me know

What sort of range are you currently getting and what do you want to achieve?

The windsurfer and 32 channel hack (do you have that) give a fairly decent distance. They have the advantage of not voiding the warranty, still fitting in a normal case and being by far the cheapest.

I turned round at 2267m a few days ago in an urban area (1.4miles).
Full signal but hit a dense fog and could barely see so had to head home.

Im using channel 32 and a windsurfer, as you say the limiting factor in the UK is the weather!

Where should I buy the windbreaker from?

What sort of distances should I expect?

Is the kitted mod a lot better than the windbreaker?

Jaymyc I have a controller with a DBS Mod.

How much you offering?

P.S I'm in the UK

Let me know how much you want for it and if it's good for us both I will buy it. Will save me potentially breaking it.

Thanks Ade, I might struggle though!

Let me know how much you want for it and if it's good for us both I will buy it. Will save me potentially breaking it.

Thanks Ade, I might struggle though!

Well honestly speaking I have used it once and got scared and turned my P3 around because never went that far lol

Going away in December and returning back to the UK on the 1st January and was going to fully test it during my time away due to zero interference where I will be going.

I paid £160 for the controller from a guy I know whos P3P went for a swim in the Thames. I'm not going to ask for what it cost me but say £220?

Where in the UK are you from?

Here is some pics.

Attachments

• 1447019095795.jpg
    1447019095795.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 1447019122211.jpg
    1447019122211.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 458
I also agree with Wibble as the Windsurfer is awsome and I'm basically 2 minded about the battery mod hence why I'm willing to sell my DBS controller lol

If within the week I pull the trigger on the power mod I'm going to keep the DBS.

I got 2 videos where I did long runs (well 1.2 miles and 1.6 miles with my Aluminium windsurfer in a very, very, very high interference area, the kind where I know some forum members will be twitching and turning on, with stock I could not of gone half that due to the high interference, I got 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz wifi in my house and where I live its highly populated) but I'm scared to upload to youtube as I don't want C A A knocking on my door lol

I also agree with Wibble as the Windsurfer is awsome and I'm basically 2 minded about the battery mod hence why I'm willing to sell my DBS controller lol

If within the week I pull the trigger on the power mod I'm going to keep the DBS.

I got 2 videos where I did long runs (well 1.2 miles and 1.6 miles with my Aluminium windsurfer in a very, very, very high interference area, the kind where I know some forum members will be twitching and turning on, with stock I could not of gone half that due to the high interference, I got 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz wifi in my house and where I live its highly populated) but I'm scared to upload to youtube as I don't want C A A knocking on my door lol

Haha Me too scared to upload my long distance videos to YouTube both with over 1800 metres on stock over urban area with 980ft height lol

Haha Me too scared to upload my long distance videos to YouTube both with over 1800 metres on stock over urban area with 980ft height lol

Lol I know the irony, especially everytime I playback the videos on my phone.

Where are you from Pluto88888?

Let me know
Itelite Antennas - Horizon FPV Antennas

They shell the DBS it elite and i think they do the mod too. They are in the UK.
(I have no affiliation with this company)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers