Looking for a link to Prop Wrench

Reaction score
The plastic wrap-a-round wrench for the props but also work to remove lens shield

DJI does not sell these. Perhaps someone will offer you sell you one since most people do not use them.

I really don't know how to use prop wrench :(

Expand it so it slips around the motor casing then squeeze the two straight ends together like a pair of pliers. The rubber in the circular part grabs the motor casing & holds it tight while you spin the prop. Honestly I've never needed to use it as I just hold the motor casing with my fingers & loosen the props. My Vision+ props got tighter & I sometimes did need the old-style prop wrench.

I really don't know how to use prop wrench :(

I would not use anything to take off the lens cover. You can actually damage the cover by applying to much pressure to it. The way to get it off is less pressure on the sides. The cover is paper thin. A rubber band will assist in getting it off.

I would not use anything to take off the lens cover. You can actually damage the cover by applying to much pressure to it. The way to get it off is less pressure on the sides. The cover is paper thin. A rubber band will assist in getting it off.
That's what the wrench Dirty Bird describes does. Applies light, even pressure around the lens.
Still need a link or a way to find it though.

I found the exact same thing at a dollar store. It is used for people with arthritis to take bottle tops off. Cheap and the right size.

Actually the prop tool is the perfect tool for removing the fragile camera lens protector... shown here in this vid:

I would not use anything that applies pressure to the sides of the lens cover. Pressure to the sides makes it more difficult to get off.. Rubber band will work.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I tried using that wrench to remove the camera filter, and the plastic immediately snapped.

I tried using that wrench to remove the camera filter, and the plastic immediately snapped.
This is why I say you should not use it. I had a problem with mine I couldn't get it off. The solution for me was less pressure. I know it is counterintuitive but it worked for me. YMMV

Actually the prop tool is the perfect tool for removing the fragile camera lens protector... shown here in this vid:

Thanks Capt. that's the vid I saw. now if I could get a link or product name...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20