Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Looking for a 2.4gHz AV sender & receiver

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Markiaantje, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Markiaantje

Hi everyone!

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Mark Boots and I live in the Netherlands. I'm 22 years old. I think one year ago I bought a DJI Phantom 1. I really like it! But the only thing is the bad quality camera. So I bought an good quality actioncam with build-in wifi. They told me the wifi range would be 100 meters. But unfortunately it isn't (maybe it was stupid to believe wifi could came 100 meters far...). I think when the wifi range would be 100 meters it wouldn't still being enough :)

So I started to search on the internet for an AV sender and receiver. Because of the frequency of my drone is 5.8gHz, I need a 2.4gHz set. But I can't find anything, and I also really don't know what kind of specs I have to check...

I hope you would help me with this!

Thanks in advance!

2. Phantomic

The Phantom 3 Adv/Pro do both their control and video on 2.4GHz without any problem, so maybe you will be able to do the same on 5.8gHz? As an cheaper alternative i was thinking about replacing the, probably omni directional, 2.4gHz antenna of the actioncam with a directional one, like the one found in the Phantom 3 Standard. They can be found fairly cheap on ebay these days.

[​IMG]

3. Markiaantje

Thanks for your reaction!
    I wonder if I can use the 5.8ghz frequency, has anyone else experience with this?
    Unfortunately I can't change the antenna of the camera because it's built-in and don't have a external connection point on the outside...

4. Phantomic

I think you will be able to use the 5.8gHz, because most video transmitters allow you to select only a certain part of the frequency band. This is necessary when more drones are used at the same time in races etc. So i think you should be able to select a band that doesn't interfere with the control signal.