Looking at suggestions for motion track

Reaction score
Hey all

I just got my phantom 3 standard a day ago and it's really nice. Something I realized I would need is motion track (I don't know if it's called like that) a car that I am not in, so follow me mode wouldn't work. I read around and saw some apps allow this, most popular was Litchi. Thing is, I feel like it's a bad idea flying my drone with an app that isn't made from the manufacturer. What if there is RTH issues with it, and what not.

If not, is there other drones that could do this, except the phantom 4 since that's really expensive.

You can use the Follow Me feature with the P3S if you're using a mobile device that has a GPS receiver. Here's a video showing how Follow Me works:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like you haven't read my thread completely, I am not in the car and the follow me mode follows the Pilot as per the video.

Hey all

I just got my phantom 3 standard a day ago and it's really nice. Something I realized I would need is motion track (I don't know if it's called like that) a car that I am not in, so follow me mode wouldn't work. I read around and saw some apps allow this, most popular was Litchi. Thing is, I feel like it's a bad idea flying my drone with an app that isn't made from the manufacturer. What if there is RTH issues with it, and what not.

If not, is there other drones that could do this, except the phantom 4 since that's really expensive.

Litchi is used by many on this forum including myself and I was made aware that this app is in principle supported by dji, so issues in running it. There is a tracking function that may be of use to you although when flying missions and your signal is lost the drone will by default hover, and not return to home as with the P3A through to the P4. For all other flight functions the drone will have the same behaviour as with the dji go app.
You could always trade in the PS3 and get a P3A/P.

Check out Litchi Magic Leash for following other subjects via a second mobile device.

Litchi is used by many on this forum including myself and I was made aware that this app is in principle supported by dji, so issues in running it. There is a tracking function that may be of use to you although when flying missions and your signal is lost the drone will by default hover, and not return to home as with the P3A through to the P4. For all other flight functions the drone will have the same behaviour as with the dji go app.
You could always trade in the PS3 and get a P3A/P.

So Lichi doesn' offer return to home if signal is lost? That can be an issue since I am a beginner, though when using the follow track feature I won't bery far from it so I could switch apps.

I didn't know the phantom 3 advanced had tracking, I was debating between both and I think I might go for the advanced.

I've never tried Litchi's tracking features. That would certainly be the cheapest option though.

So Lichi doesn' offer return to home if signal is lost? That can be an issue since I am a beginner, though when using the follow track feature I won't bery far from it so I could switch apps.

I didn't know the phantom 3 advanced had tracking, I was debating between both and I think I might go for the advanced.
When using Litchi to plot and run an autonomous mission, if the signal is lost, the PS3 will stop and hover as opposed to the P4 and I think the P3A/P will continue and RTH as per normal. You can use Litchi pretty much the same as dji go, it's just that the autonomous mission is a big feature and easier to pre plan and execute. Cheap app with a lot of features. Just do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic