Look what just arrived - ARGTek Antenna kit + Correct Sealant used by DJI (white) stuff.

Reaction score
Antenna kit arrived today. I managed to find the closest silicone sealant used in the phantoms to hold stuff down (704 white), looks and feels exactly like the stuff used by DJI to hold down ESC wires, connectors etc..

Last time I looked up, I didn't see anyone mention about this white sealant used. Everyone seems to use hot glue which works I guess...

Install pics coming soon!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1458309190.619659.jpg

Reactions: mtuhoop24
Hmmm, looks like they're using black wifi antenna's now? Not sure about the added value of the white silicone stuff...nothing hotglue can't do :)

Mine should be arriving tonight and hopefully ready to fly by tomorrow? Where did you get the glue?

eBay. I have been looking for this for a long time...

It's the same stuff DJI use to hold down ESC/Main board wires including the antenna's. (Comparing both 704 , and DJI's silicone that has been set and fully cured). They both look and feel the same.

It sets within 25 mins but few hours to cure properly when set it's strong but flexible. Doesn't smell like silicone either.

Last edited:
Hmmm, looks like they're using black wifi antenna's now? Not sure about the added value of the white silicone stuff...nothing hotglue can't do :)

Yeah, I did ask for white antenna's to match, but they only had what was shown in the listing.

It's only minor though [emoji12]

As for hot glue, yeah it works.. I got the proper stuff now though.

I dont have enough time to order special glu from ebay and have it ready by tomorrow. I was unaware that I would need to be purchasing additional materials like glue. I assumed it would all be in the kit. Is there something I should buy at the hardware strore on the way home from work tonight?

glue gun at dollar store and why would you need white wires cant seem them in remote plus only takes 15 min to install
2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg

I dont have enough time to order special glu from ebay and have it ready by tomorrow. I was unaware that I would need to be purchasing additional materials like glue. I assumed it would all be in the kit. Is there something I should buy at the hardware strore on the way home from work tonight?

Hot glue will do it, you may be able to get hot glue gun and sticks for dirt cheap.

opps my bad your paddle things are black that sucks

opps my bad your paddle things are black that sucks

Swap ya'? [emoji23][emoji23] lol..

Still does the same thing as yours so It's all good..

The white glue is what they use, hot glue will do the same thing of course.

Anyway.. Is this antenna kit worth installing?

What's the range like and how long have you had yours installed/how many flights using the mod?

mine has been on for a month in my crowded neighborhood only was getting 1000 feet before losing signal now I get 2800 feet had it over the water and got 5000 feet and still had strong signal plus I fly at least 6 times a week

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
my bird all decked out even has a tracker on it

Same stuff, I have compared the stuff already on the antenna's to the stuff I bought.. Both look the same dried, both have the same feel and look.

Yeah, I did ask for white antenna's to match, but they only had what was shown in the listing.

It's only minor though [emoji12]

As for hot glue, yeah it works.. I got the proper stuff now though.
Hmmm, everyone knows white antenna's perform better since they reflect UV beams and don't absorb heat ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers