Longer fly time...

Reaction score
If you connect your phantom to the computer, and click on the voltage.

Here you can change the value in No Load, Loss and Loaded. I Think the original is 11,30...0,60.. 10,70 on the first level protection.

second level protection i think is 11,20...0,60...10,50.

I have changed it to 11,10... 0,60....10,50...

and the second level protection to 11,00....0,60....10,40..

This settings got me 4 more minutes fly time. Then you have plenty of voltage to go home and land, if you are going to need that.

But make sure that your voltage never drop below 3.0 per cell.

Bjorn

I set mine "higher" to give me more time after the RED warning light.
Set it lower and get 4 minutes more...I have to try to believe. ;)

It`s actully works for me. my best hoover time is 17:46. But im using 2 batteries (Pararell connection) I will post a video soon :)

Happy easter everybody

Reagards Bjorn

Bjorn Thore said:
It`s actully works for me. my best hoover time is 17:46. But im using 2 batteries (Pararell connection) I will post a video soon :)

Happy easter everybody

Reagards Bjorn

You didn't mention the 2 packs in parallel in the first post so that's why I doubt the 4 minutes extra.
My 2 packs with stock props, hover time = 19:45.

tanasit said:
I set mine "higher" to give me more time after the RED warning light.
Set it lower and get 4 minutes more...I have to try to believe. ;)

well, the DJI software works this way, the higher the setting, the earlier the warning comes.
So if you set a lower value you can fly longer before you are given a warning, on the factory
setting I got around 8 minutes, with Bjørn Thores settings I get almost 12 mins on a standard pack.

I realize how the voltage setting works but I want to be on the safe side not a marathon side.
Furthermore there is a good reason why the default setting is as such. Most Phantom owners will add more accessories and thus put the AUW close to or even pass the recommended 1000 grams. This means the battery and the motors have to work harder and the most serious part is the battery condition. This means if one more more of the 3 cells in the battery pack drops the voltage below 3.2 volts, then there is a good chance that the pack won't last for more than a few cycles. Also if your charger is capable of telling you how much of the mAh it put in to fully charge the pack, you can calculate the capacity used in percentage and if it is over 80% then, you will also risk damaging the pack permanently.
Finally did you feel the motors' temperature after every flight? All should have similar temperature that is warm to the touch at most. The extra longer continuous flight will also shorten your motors.
Yes all of us would like a long flight time but not to the point where the other parts may damage in the process.

I set my phantom to the above settings and got maybe an extra minute or two of flight time before warning light came on, have not incured any problems by doing this but will probably set back to stock settings to be safe.

My batteries charge to about 12.6 the red light zone comes in at 11.5 if I change this the values go red

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ecker.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-RC-Cell-Met ... 2c6f6b7511

I use the gadget above to check my pack after the flight and I set the low voltage to a point that the pack has about 20% capacity left.
People fly their Phantom with different weight, props and etc (not to mention at different attitude), so I think the best bet is to use the device above as the decision factor rather go by how long it flies. ;)
Moreover when the weather changes whether it'll be temperature, wind or humidity you may need to adjust your setting accordingly, so again this gadget will come in handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20