Longer distance

Reaction score
I'm very new to all this. What do I buy for a phantom 3 4K pro to get greater distance? How far should it help it go, how much is it, and is it easy to install?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm very new to all this. What do I buy for a phantom 3 4K pro to get greater distance? How far should it help it go, how much is it, and is it easy to install?

A windsurfer should help.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463589592.844829.jpg

This oughta do it for you! Could probably even go boosted for just under 200 bucks

Are you just showing me these or do you sell them? I'm very interested

...and using the search facility often brings results...!;)

I appreciate your help. Could u also tell me if those 2 products work together or do they do basically the same thing and you are showing me different options?

The wide white panels is the Maxxrange from Dbs, its used for the p3-4k's 2.4 wi-fi signal( you can get that from @Fredz here on forum)
The long red helical is a 5.8 15 turn for the control signal w/ a 5.8 booster. You can get those online

I see so I use both for greater distance. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. I'm buying the p3 4K tomorrow and I really want to be able to go a couple miles with it. I should be a like to do that with those two things, correct? I would assume since you know so much about it that this is a good investment for me? They as much fun as they look?

I see so I use both for greater distance. I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. I'm buying the p3 4K tomorrow and I really want to be able to go a couple miles with it. I should be a like to do that with those two things, correct? I would assume since you know so much about it that this is a good investment for me? They as much fun as they look?

To be honest, unless you have your heart set on the 4K, and I don't know how good of a deal you're getting on it, by the time you invest in these modifications you could easily get the advanced model with light bridge and I can go to miles with stock antennas

Don, I just started another thread without knowing about this one. See it here.

But the first thing that comes to mind in this thread is: you're getting a new bird and the first thing you want to do is push it to the limit, or in the above recommendations, push it BEYOND spec into limits it wasn't designed for?

I mean, I'm not dumping on the above folk modifying their kits, but it seems to me that as a new flyer, you're best served by learning how to fly the thing as it comes out of the box first. Figure out the built-in limitations over time, and even before that, learn how to just fly it in beginner mode.

There are also many failsafe scenarios to know about, when you try to push distance limits, that you will want to be prepared for. Such as the scenery is like around your flying location, what to set the RTH height for to be sure it doesn't crash into buildings on the way home after it loses signal with your remote, what are your other options for when signal is lost besides RTH (land on the spot, or hover), etc.

Does anyone not agree with this approach?

Chris

I think that's great advice Chris one that the OP should take into consideration

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm going to do exactly that. My goal though is a golf outing in September and I want to be able to fly and video whole course. I won't need the greater distance ASAP. But wanted to know if I CAN modify the p3 4K. I would like to hear about the advanced model dirtybum is talking about. My mind isn't set on the p3 4K yet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31