Long time away from my Phantom 2 vision +

Reaction score
Hi Everyone... Well, my P2V+ and I have been away from flying for three years. I'm about to take it out of the storage case and get it ready for it's first flight again, but I've not kept up with the new regulations or the software updates and changes to the rules for flying. Can someone help me with this? What should I expect when I plug into the web site to update the software? May I have a list of things I must do to the P2V+ and to ME before I fly it again? I want to share the fun with my grandson, but not until I teach him drone safety and I'm sure the P2V+ will be airworthy and safe to fly.. Thanks all in advance.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Hi Everyone... Well, my P2V+ and I have been away from flying for three years. I'm about to take it out of the storage case and get it ready for it's first flight again, but I've not kept up with the new regulations or the software updates and changes to the rules for flying. Can someone help me with this? What should I expect when I plug into the web site to update the software? May I have a list of things I must do to the P2V+ and to ME before I fly it again? I want to share the fun with my grandson, but not until I teach him drone safety and I'm sure the P2V+ will be airworthy and safe to fly.. Thanks all in advance.
I would have a good look at your batteries first,after 3 years non use they may be useless. I would not bother with any updates, if you still have the original DJI app for the P2V+ and it flew OK when you stored it, then it should still be OK. It is probably asking for trouble doing any updates IMHO.

Agreed. It would be very unusual for your batteries to have remained useable after all this time.
They may charge just fine but will not have any useable capacity.

I do still have the original APP on my iphone 5. So no updating it or the P2V+. I'll check the batteries out and just fly circles and patterns a few feet off the ground in my backyard to see how the batteries perform. Thanks! I'll let you know.

Check airmap to be sure you can legally fly where you are located. If your fw is really three years old, you won't have any DJI NFZs on your firmware.

Reactions: John D
Thank you for the info on airmap. I didn't know that was available. I just downloaded the app and I am not in a NFZ. Good app to have !

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I still have my P2V+ with my main bird the P3S. I only fly mine once every 6 months or so. I have one battery that exhausts pretty quick, but fine on the 2nd charge. Though mine hasn't sat for 3 years. So fly it close to home at first watching for abnormal battery usage, draining it to 30-50%, and charge again for hopefully a more complete charge. Also, if it's flying fine, I would not mess with any updates. It's not supported anymore, so if any update problems, you're on your own. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Happy flying with the P2V+. A good bird.

Thanks NM_Quad. Good info! I will watch for battery drain times and recharge at 30% - 50% . I agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it! I will not update. Thanks all!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj