Long Term Battery Storage Question

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'll be leaving town for a month and am not sure what steps need to be taken in order to preserve my battery (and avoid damage to the cells). Usually, I fly once or twice a week and don't leave it fully charged. However, now that I won't be flying, and won't have access to it for a full month, I'm a little confused as to what the protocol is for maintaining the health of the battery. What do I do?... And at what percentage should the battery be left at?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Ehsan
I don't think that they will die in month

No, they won't die, but I'm sure they've got to be stored at some proper percentage. For example, keeping it fully charged wouldn't be a good idea (hence the auto discharge). Similarly, keeping it at too low a voltage is not recommended (I assume?). I'm not sure... hence the question :)

Leaving town for a month and not going to take your baby with you for some good out of town videos.... What kind of father are you er pilot I mean.

Leaving town for a month and not going to take your baby with you for some good out of town videos.... What kind of father are you er pilot I mean.

LOLLL.... that was a good one ;) Honestly, I was gonna take it, but I'm going out of the country and don't want to get a huge data bill. I always fly in GPS mode and my iPad uses the data off my phone to get a home lock. I would need to have data to get a home lock right? (if not, maybe I can take my baby with me)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31