Loctite

Reaction score
Hi,

What type of loctite is suitable for use on phantom, where it's a screw to plastic connection..

Thanks

Mark

I have read that loctite will melt the plastic the Phantom shell is made from so be careful.Put the loctite on the screw and allow it to set before you introduce it to the plastic.
Maybe try something else like Dr Threebond.I'm not sure how well it would go as thread locker but at least it is safe to use on the plastic shell.

Hi
Thanks for the replies, is the general consensus then that loctite is not required, for example after opening shell to do the foil mod ?

Mark

If your just taking the top shell off you won't need to screw or unscrew any screws in plastic.Only the circuit boards and the GPS puck are screwed strait into plastic.There are metal plates and brass inserts that all of the main shell screws thread into.
Unless on the later model Phantoms the metal plates and brass inserts have been done away with.They haven't done that have they?

Take a look at this photo and you can see the threaded plates and inserts.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ptcx101/9 ... 456224596/

All the main shell screws have a locking compound on them and no more is needed.They can be reused a number of times and they won't vibrate lose if they're done up tight.

any oem screw that you remove will have a dab of blue loctite on.. i recommend using the same blue loctite when reinstalling those screws... extremely small amount fyi, the tip of a tooth pick is plenty rubbed against the thread of the screw....

Never use any kind of thread locker on DJI equipment, it will gradually eat away at the plastic, with the first damage visible after 6-12 hours.

capodrone81 said:
any oem screw that you remove will have a dab of blue loctite on.. i recommend using the same blue loctite when reinstalling those screws... extremely small amount fyi, the tip of a tooth pick is plenty rubbed against the thread of the screw....

It may be blue ...... but it is not Loctite. Loctite eats DJI plastic for breakfast.

Edit: It's no coincidence that the cookie monster is blue ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5e6ftNpGsU

Hughie said:
capodrone81 said:

It may be blue ...... but it is not Loctite. Loctite eats DJI plastic for breakfast.

Edit: It's no coincidence that the cookie monster is blue ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5e6ftNpGsU

+1
I have taken everything out of both my phantoms a couple times and never had a problem . You say your doing the foil mod you do not need anything for the screws .
GL! Let us know how it goes .

Emmbee said:
Hi,

What type of loctite is suitable for use on phantom, where it's a screw to plastic connection..

Thanks

Mark

Blue loctite is used on all screws that fasten both top and bottom shells together as they DO NOT screw into plastic but into metal brackets. Blue loctite is also used on the motors, gimbals and landing gear as well. As mentioned loctite and plastic do not mix and is not necessary for internal parts such as main boards an so on.

Save on plastic

DBDDB03F-EDA6-40AD-BCA9-6E874190BD55.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.