Locating drone if lost

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been thinking of adding a tracking device to my Phantom 4 Pro plus v2.0. I looked at Tile but that has a range of 150 feet. The Phantom 4 Pro plus has the built-in screen does so apps are limited. Can you add the "find my drone" app to the RC? Does anyone have any other suggestions to track down a lost drone? Thanks.

Can you add the "find my drone" app to the RC?
All the app does is give you the last known co-ordinance before signal loss. You can get that from the flight logs. An external GPS tracker is really the best option. There are numerous ones to choose from.

Reactions: Rodee34
Can anyone suggest an external GPS tracker?

Reactions: msinger
Find my drone app. does not run on build in screen (my post few days ago).
But probably the Google maps can solve this too. Anybody have any expirience here?

I use a Trackimo device. I got 3D printed mounting brackets for all my Phantoms so I can easily put the tracker on whichever drone I'm using.

Reactions: Phill2
Can anyone suggest an external GPS tracker?
Check out Trackimo and Ping GPS (a recent release). Marco Polo doesn't track with GPS, but it's a good option if you don't want to pay a monthly/yearly fee.

Hi everyone. I have been thinking of adding a tracking device to my Phantom 4 Pro plus v2.0. I looked at Tile but that has a range of 150 feet. The Phantom 4 Pro plus has the built-in screen does so apps are limited. Can you add the "find my drone" app to the RC? Does anyone have any other suggestions to track down a lost drone? Thanks.
I've used Whistle for some years now. It used to be called Tagg. I can even put it on myself to give my wife peace of mind when out alone mountain biking or hiking alone in the desert. Whistle GPS Tracker For Dogs & Cats | Whistle Pet Tracker

I've not seen Marco Polo before. I'm thinking of giving that a crack. Really cannot understand those paying ONGOING costs to track a device you have already purchased a tracking device for.

I’ve used the MarcoPolo on my birds for years now. Have had no issues. During ‘testing’ when I first got it, it did ping the receiver at about two miles away. Can’t beat it for flying in limited cell or gps coverage areas. I never fly without it. Fly Safe !

Really cannot understand those paying ONGOING costs to track a device you have already purchased a tracking device for
The main difference is that those with an ongoing fee track via GPS. You can see the exact location on a map. With radio trackers like the Marco Polo, you must hunt down the drone by following the radio signal strength.

Reactions: With The Birds
I've not seen Marco Polo before. I'm thinking of giving that a crack. Really cannot understand those paying ONGOING costs to track a device you have already purchased a tracking device for.
On that logic you shouldn’t understand paying a network provider to make calls on a phone you have already purchased.

On that logic you shouldn’t understand paying a network provider to make calls on a phone you have already purchased.

Nope. Not IF i'm paying that same network provider a service fee upfront of several hundreds of dollars. You and I live in the same country - do you pay these exorbitant costs for your Telstra/Optus account...and also, what benefits are you getting out of it? Unlimited calls/texts and a crapload of data? Be reasonable with a comparison.

RoOSTA

Nope. Not IF i'm paying that same network provider a service fee upfront of several hundreds of dollars. You and I live in the same country - do you pay these exorbitant costs for your Telstra/Optus account...and also, what benefits are you getting out of it? Unlimited calls/texts and a crapload of data? Be reasonable with a comparison.

RoOSTA
If you know of a provider that will supply a 4G card with no network access or usage fees I’m all ears...

Reactions: Phill2
no network access and fees? Hah. You missed the word "exorbitant"

no network access and fees? Hah. You missed the word "exorbitant"
I missed nothing. I am suggesting that to expect the provisioning of a cellular data service absent any charges is unreasonable. Shop around. Make a decision if the cost is worth the benefit- that is a seperate issue. Sometimes it isn’t. I cancelled the shared data sim on the iPad I fly with choosing to tether to my phone when Telstra killed the data sharing option recently. It wasn’t worth it to me when the only thing I use that data for is updating the maps in GO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav