Local Drone Day observations

N017RW

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Drone Day being observed in my area today. This group, the HackLab, recently lobbied the City Council to expressly allow drones in city parks and other municipal properties. Defeating the wishes of the Parks/Recreation Director.

http://spbc.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015 ... strations/

Very cool to see what they are accomplishing, I should be at their event for a little bit today, just have to finish some projects around the house first.

I might, might, too.

How would I recognize you?

Made it a few minutes early and stayed until the end of the lawyers talk.

It was a very cool thing put together and the HackLab looks awesome, I hope to be able to help out with next year's event.

I was really hoping for the lawyer to go into more detail such as phone numbers for the local towers, and maps for the south Florida area to show where we can and cannot fly. I would really like to know more about the City of Palm Beach rule against flying below 1000' and how it is that both cities and the FAA can regulate the same airspace...

I think I counted 25 drones on display. Many Phantoms and Phantom 2's, a few Inspires, one Walkera, one F450, and a few oddballs. Was great to see. I was really expecting that since FPVLR is so close, that they might be there and make a presentation, but I was shocked to see that not only was there nothing by FPVLR, but not a single drone had an FPVLR antenna on it.

Didn't make it.
Thanks for the recap!

A lawyer on our side was there but not the faa!

I am sure you have plenty to do to stay busy, I had selfish motives for wishing you had a display there-I bought a used setup and the control antenna is from before you had the bendy wire, and I'm only getting 2k-2.8k feet before I lose fpv, was going to ask if you though the mounting had anything to do with it as the antennas aren't quite the 13cm apart.

But that's fine, I'm going to try re-doing the extender install a little cleaner in a spare re700 I have (bought it used and it's not bad but I can do better, already redid the controller side to remove kinks in wire, glad I bought spare cables from you as I goofed up the first install!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31