Loading 2K to YouTube?

Reaction score
So I did a few flights filming 2.7k. Where it's on my computer the files show 2704x1520 which is right. However when I use iMovie on the Mac it's only doing 1080P. How do I load the 2.7k?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When I use iMovie with Phantom 3 Pro 4K video I have the option under File>Share>Select YouTube to choose either 4K or 1080P, nothing in between. Possible they don't support 2.7K?

Strange. When I hit file and share all i get are places to share such as Facebook, YouTube etc. not 1080 p or 4 k option.

Kind of disappointing. I'm shooting 2.7K 30fps and can't even watch it on my 4K tv. Blah

I'm android, so I can't advise on iAnything, but see if there is an export option in iMovie.
That's where you would find options on exporting to one of the higher resolutions in a format that YouTube accepts.
You most likely won't find 2.7 though, but you can choose higher than 2.7k, and will maintain the higher res for you than if you upload as 1080.
@flyboy73 is probably seeing the 4k option because he's recording in 4k.
If you find

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks like I may need Final Cut Pro as it gives he option for 2.7 and 4K. The iMovie only does 4K I guess

So I did a few flights filming 2.7k. Where it's on my computer the files show 2704x1520 which is right. However when I use iMovie on the Mac it's only doing 1080P. How do I load the 2.7k?

Sadly I believe Apple has completely overlooked supporting the 2.7k option. I called AppleCare and they confirmed 2.7k is not currently an export option in iMovie. Who knows if they will ever incorporate it. SMH.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl