Load carrying capacity?

Reaction score
I would imagine that tying a 10lb weight to the P3 then telling it take off would result in a full-power attempt to lift off, with no vertical motion. This would also result in shortened battery life and increased motor temperatures. Has anyone done any measurements on this such that we could determine the actual load-carrying capacity before the motors temp-out (or maybe the battery due to increased average current draw)? This is probably dependent on ambient air temperature too, as well as the flight regime (hover out of ground effect vs forward motion above translational, etc.).

There have been several threads and YouTube videos testing the lifting abilities, but I don't recall details such as temps and current draw.

The P3 is a flying camera.
It's the wrong platform for adding payload.

Reactions: Chris Vedeler
For fun :) I was just asking if anyone knew. I suppose loading it up with a GPS tracker and one of those gadgets that you can use to retrieve a sunken fishing rod, etc. could overload it. What is "overloaded" is my question.

The P2's are already overloaded from the factory and can be demonstrated in the 'manual' flight mode.
The rule-of-thumb is hover at 50% throttle for an ideally optimized system.
When put in manual mode even the P2 NV will sink at 50% throttle.

Are the P3's any better?, can't say as there is no 'manual' mode but I would vote for 'doubtful'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20