Live video-Wifi or Lightbridge?

Reaction score
On my P3P I'm having loss of live video as are many of us. Wondering, is it a problem with wifi or Lightbridge? I assume one is for video and the other for control. Or are both using the same modality? Thanks.

The P3A/P use lightbridge to transmit video.

There is no Wi-Fi in the P3P or P3A. There is one bidirectional transport.

There is no Wi-Fi in the P3P or P3A. There is one bidirectional transport.

Well, technically there are two signals, one for video down-link and telemetry, and one for control, but they are both in the 2.4 GHz range, and as you state, neither is Wi-Fi.

Just to get all technical about it... :)

On my P3P I'm having loss of live video as are many of us. Wondering, is it a problem with wifi or Lightbridge? I assume one is for video and the other for control. Or are both using the same modality? Thanks.

Many different factors will impact "signal quality". For one, make sure wifi is off on your tablet and any devices you're carrying. Like fully off, not just disconnected.

The single most important factor is good line of sight between your controller's antenna, and your bird.

The second most important is the amount/type of ambient rf in your flying location. Anywhere near a metro area or higher density housing will be awash with wifi, and have a much higher noise floor.

The first you can do something about (like getting a better vantage point on your bird, and aiming your antennas correctly), the second you can somewhat mitigate with the "channel hack", but you're still going to have trouble anywhere with lots of wifi operating around you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice explanation Sham!! Being new to flying quad copters, I was leaving my Wi-Fi signal on on my iPhone 6 and noticed the battery was draining incredibly fast. I now know to keep that darn Wi-Fi turned off[emoji1]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik