Live Streaming on Facebook Using the P4P

Reaction score
When live streaming on Facebook using the P4P, can you shoot at 4K or does that not translate well into Facebook's display? How about frame rates, too? Thanks.

When live streaming on Facebook using the P4P, can you shoot at 4K or does that not translate well into Facebook's display? How about frame rates, too? Thanks.
Live broadcasts use the Lightbridge video stream, which is what you see in your display. It's generally 720 resolution, so shooting 4K is of no use for purposes of livecasting. Shooting in 1080 is fine for livecasting.

Keep in mind the quality of your cellular connection will highly influence the quality of the live feed. You may be disappointed if you aren't in a good cellular area for your service provider. You absolutely cannot count on a quality feed, it's best to test the area first before you commit to do this for anyone that needs quality and consistency. If you're doing it for fun, then no big deal, it may or may not work good.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the useful information. I tried looking for answers to my questions but couldn't find any, so I turned to the forum and you told me what I needed to know. Makes sense to me. I appreciate the help. Safe flying and happy holdays

One question further. Does the camera have to be in record mode for LiveStream to work, or does the live action WYSIWYG transmit to LiveStream?

Facebook controls the camera. It'll ask you if your ready to go live.

You can also do it via wifi. If you're near a strong wifi signal use that. It can save you if you don't have unlimited cellular data. We have a ton of hot spots provided by cable in my area and it provides a way to live stream with my wifi only air 2 tablet. You can also try streaming via YouTube if you have a channel. That has more streaming quality choices too. In my experience, live stream Facebook worked great and failed badly too on different occasions. It's unreliable. It may very well be better behaved doing it but not recording drone video at the same time, which for me was when Facebook streaming became choppy and poor. Good luck.

Facebook controls the camera... NOT!! Livestream and the camera control have nothing to do with each other! You are simply posting your video to FB.
.....Facebook is the interface to live streaming your video. As is the other options like YouTube Live. Without it you can’t accomplish the broadcasts. So in that respect, the control of the mission; LIVE STREAMING is controlled by the Facebook interface. Maybe I chose my words, brief as they were, loosely.

Reactions: SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4