Live Stream From FC40 Camera

Reaction score
Hey guys

Maybe a strange question but has anyone figured out how to use the feed from the FC40, or any Phantom, and use it as a virtual camera so it can be fed into a video call...?

Harlequin said:
Hey guys

Maybe a strange question but has anyone figured out how to use the feed from the FC40, or any Phantom, and use it as a virtual camera so it can be fed into a video call...?

Maybe feed it into a 2.4 ghz receiver/ DVR combo and use AV out into Skype?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4Ghz-8-Channe ... 1127455785

I am using one of these with built in 5.8 rx in a P 1.1.1 in a custom case that also has the DJI transmitter built in, but I haven't tried to pull live video from it while it is recording.

Hi Dalite and thanks for the response.

If I'm right the FC40 broadcasts video over WiFi using 2.4 Ghz so any device that receives the signal could in theory push that signal also.

All I need to do I think is find the right device.

Harlequin said:
Hi Dalite and thanks for the response.

If I'm right the FC40 broadcasts video over WiFi using 2.4 Ghz so any device that receives the signal could in theory push that signal also.

All I need to do I think is find the right device.

I think the secret to distribution would be to spoof the camera ID with a repeater or extender.

The camera will allow 1 IP connection, you have to make it count.

If your camera is seen as FC40_ABCOO1, set up a wireless repeater or extender with the SSID of FC40_ABC002.

Now, (in theory) the extender/repeater will not limit connections or device types .

Remove the memory card from the FC40 camera so it doesn't get a chance to affect the video feed.

There are more elaborate instructions by others that have perfected ths flow; some have actually put very small repeaters on the Phantom to take advantage of higher gain antennas to send the signal to the ground. I may have missed some exta steps here, but it represents the broad strokes of the concept.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31