Live stream footage not being automatically saved to Ipad Air

Reaction score
Hello. DJI website says that footage on P3P will be automatically saved to your device, That being my Ipad Air 1st generation. Well, this does not happen. I called DJI and they were no help. I have to have the copter on, go into the playlist and download it off of the SD card. Takes WAY too long. Is there some setting on the App Or the Ipad that i need to know about?. I have set the cache to record on the Go App, on my Ipad in settings, i scroll to the DJI Go and set the photos to allow access to photos. What else can I do...Any suggestions......?

Hi -

Are you referring to the LiveStreaming function in the DJI Go app?
Or by "Live stream" do you mean the video your drone can record?

LiveStreaming uses an internet connection to stream footage live (almost in real time) to a platform like YouTube. YouTube saves the video automatically on your YouTube account, not the drone.

If you mean video footage from the drone, you have start/ stop the recording and it gets saved onto a memory card. You can then transfer its content to your tablet or take out the memory card and insert it into a computer to transfer its content to it that way.

Is this helpful?

Hi -

Are you referring to the LiveStreaming function in the DJI Go app?
Or by "Live stream" do you mean the video your drone can record?

LiveStreaming uses an internet connection to stream footage live (almost in real time) to a platform like YouTube. YouTube saves the video automatically on your YouTube account, not the drone.

If you mean video footage from the drone, you have start/ stop the recording and it gets saved onto a memory card. You can then transfer its content to your tablet or take out the memory card and insert it into a computer to transfer its content to it that way.

Is this helpful?
Hi, thanks for getting back. I understand what you are saying and i do all that. But the website is misleading and should be re-worded. Its in the P3P page in the App page. Scroll down a bit to find it. I copied the text from the website as follows "

Instant Video Downloading
"The live video stream from your camera is automatically saved on your mobile device for easy preview and editing later. Use this video as a reference, and download the full quality videos and photos with a few taps."

This leads one to believe that footage you are recording, will be saved to my tablet "automatically" as stated in the quote, as well as the SD card. Are you of the same opinion?. I talked to another DJI Rep. and he told me that it only saves the flight data/path, with a static google earth type photo in the back ground, to the Go App. Not the actual footage to the tablet, or the Go app for that matter...So i guess it does not automatically save the live stream recorded footage...

Last edited:
Thank you for your clarification and pasting that portion.

I agree with you. It's misleading.
They should re-word it, for the simple reason that automatic recording would fill up the memory card and it should, what, overwrite the existing footage when full but what if you need it?

For the footage to be saved, a recording must have been started.
Are they skipping that detail for the sake of simplicity in their marketing write-up?
I am not sure but I can see how someone who's entirely new to this would think the same way you did.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj