Live Feed Help!

Reaction score
I am new to the DJI drone arena and have a very frustrating issue. Granted I have seen this issue mentioned numerous times on the forums but I want to list the steps I have taken to make sure I have not missed anything.

I upgraded the AC, RC, and App to the latest versions a little over a month ago. All three upgrades were without incident and showed as latest firmware in the app. Linking was positive and all showed good to go except for one small detail, there was no live feed from the camera although it took beautiful pictures and video that could be viewed from the SD card after the flight. The images, however, are not available for editing within the app itself. Below are the steps and specs.
Phantom 3 Pro
AC FW: v1.10.90
RC FW: v1.8
App: v3.1.5
Devices used: Shield K1, Android Droid Z Force, iPad, Google Nexus (All devices are latest versions)
USB Cables Used: Type C, Micro, Lightning
I have checked all of the cables and tried every trick I can find on the forums and on youtube all without success. The AC flies beautifully in all of the modes and as stated takes great video and still pictures. I truly believe this is a FW issue with the lightbridge connectivity and not a cable, OS platform or anything else that DJI wants to blame it on. If the camera did not take video or pictures then I would say it was in the gimbal/camera but it doesn't make sense that it works fine except for the live feed issue. If I could downgrade the AC back I would do it but according to DJI once you upgrade to v1.10.90 you cannot go back. I have tried downgrading the RC FW all the way back to 1.5 and it has had no effect.
I am hoping someone has a suggestion that will get this to work because I am tired of flying blind. I am hoping they come out with a new FW soon that will resolve this issue.

IIf I could downgrade the AC back I would do it but according to DJI once you upgrade to v1.10.90 you cannot go back. I have tried downgrading the RC FW all the way back to 1.5 and it has had no effect.
Because DJI says it's not possible doesn't mean it's not... ;)

Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Read the first post multiple times, this does have some risk, but it can be done

Are you seeing the dreaded 'No video transmission' message or just a black screen? The Pros are prone to a gimbal board failure that can be diagged from the flight logs. Two numbered 'device #__ not seen' messages confirm this failure(not seeing the gimbal and camera). If you are getting the NIT message check the flight logs.
I just went thru this and DJI covered it(along with a bad motor I didn't know I had) in just under a month. It was covered under warranty. I hear it will cost about 300 bucks or so if you are not covered. I love my P3P but I don't idle it for anything and extract the SD card to view footage rather than heat up that gimbal board any more than I have to. I will only run at 4K res in the winter as that increases the board temp significantly also.

Reactions: DMcNamara
It is just a black screen. I have spoken to DJI support and their only comment was send it back and we will fix it and send you the bill. I am hesitant to do that because I believe it is a FW issue. I will look at the logs and see what they say, maybe I missed something. Thanks for the comment.

Airbender, I have looked at several other threads over the weekend and I had this thought. Several people have tried to run the upgrade again to see if there was a fault in the upgrade and like me it starts off fine and then a few seconds into the process it stops and starts the dreaded solid beep! DJI says to reboot the bird and try again, which like everyone else I have done several times with no success. The app says everything is fine and up to date but I do not get the same from the log file on the SD card, in fact it does not show anything for the current date as a success or failure. This leads me to my question. Could you use the same "P3X_FW_DEBUG" file for a re-install of v1.10.90 and possibly resolve the issue? I don't want to brick it since it does fly and take pictures and everything works except the live feed which is the whole point of paying the BIG money for this vs. a cheap drone with a camera attached. I look forward to hearing your response.

Unfortunately I have no solution. I tried using the debug file to force a reinstall of the latest FW and it almost completed successfully twice before hanging in the last couple of minutes. I was able to pull the hidden log files and saw the dreaded 8 & 15 module not found error. This leads me to believe the lightbridge board was fried during the initial upgrade. This is really frustrating since there was ZERO indication during the process that anything was wrong and all indications in the app are good and show the proper versions. I hate to say it but I am beginning to believe like others on the forum this is a design flaw that is never covered in the instructions on upgrading firmware. I have a case in with DJI that I am hoping they will cover under warranty of some kind. Bottom line is that from now on I will upgrade with a fan blowing like crazy on the gimbal once this is resolved. Good luck with yours.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl