Little crack in one arm under motor

Reaction score
What should I do? It still feels very solid
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender[1].jpg

If it were me, if it's no longer under warranty, I would put some super glue over the crack and fly.

Is this how it come from the factory?

I dont know for sure. I just noticed it :(
Did you put old prop guards on it? Most of all the older prop guards come with screws that are too long for the P3. I could see that this might happen if you used them. Bummer either way. Check and see if Dji will help you with warranty or repair.

Did you put old prop guards on it? Most of all the older prop guards come with screws that are too long for the P3. I could see that this might happen if you used them. Bummer either way. Check and see if Dji will help you with warranty or repair.
Ive never used prop guards. I hope its okay to keep flying with this. It feels very solid and its a little crack. Hate the idea that I could miss my drone for weeks:(

If it were mine I would just squirt some superglue in the crack and clamp it shut with some rubber bands or a small clamp and let it dry overnight. You might want to remove the screw first otherwise you might glue it in place for good.

Toally agree the super glue idea is sound and will do it as i cant see it becoming worse were its located
I am just thinking it could of happened with an over tightened screw behind it at point of assembly.Just my thoughts and maybe dji should be informed also and see what if anything they siggest

P2V+ had the same problem. Some say screws to tight from the factory. I say fly it.

I found cracks on the ends of 3 arms on my Vision+ after I saw this thread a month ago:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantoms-and-crazy-super-glue.39978/#post-369613

Go up to the first post in that thread. (The link above goes to the middle.)

It's easy to open the shell of a P2 to do repairs the way he did it. Not so much on the P3. The DJI reps said some time ago on the RC Groups thread that opening the shell of the P3 would void your warranty anyway.

The location of the crack doesn't look like it could cause a catastrophic failure. I would still call DJI or your dealer though.

I'd try to get the warranty to cover it myself. I mean if you didn't take that screw out and put it back in and if you haven't crashed and that crack appeared then I'd try the warranty route. P3's are too expensive not to. Now if I had messed with it as mentioned then if tried the super glue but that crack would still be in my mind every single time I flew which would suck.

I'd try to get the warranty to cover it myself. I mean if you didn't take that screw out and put it back in and if you haven't crashed and that crack appeared then I'd try the warranty route. P3's are too expensive not to. Now if I had messed with it as mentioned then if tried the super glue but that crack would still be in my mind every single time I flew which would suck.

Except you're gonna pay for shipping to send it back. And then deal with DJI and if they'll even cover it?!?! They don't tell you until they get it. This seems remarkably minor. Hell it made me go check all my arms... just to see if it was like that from the factory. I don't know man, 2 months without your drone, paying for shipping ($50?) and it may not even be covered? I'd keep it and check it after every flight for any signs of movement.

Reactions: downshift
This is the same problem with Phantom 2. Some people had these cracks after 50 - 80+ flights while some only had it since 10 flights. This is a known problem of motor vibration and friction and bad plastic altogether. DJI seriously needs to use better plastic on future models. You can superglue these cracks as many previous Phantom 2 owners had done before, you would be fine

Just to be safe and if it will not void warranty, I would recommend to apply a bit of transparent and reliable plastic glue (I'm applied transparent epoxy glue to mine Phantom cracks) to crack.

I wouldn't risk it but if it's still got normal structural integrity and you have notified your dealer then I guess why not keep flying :cool:

It seems as if all Phantoms develop these cracks sooner or later! Found similar cracks on my original P1 after several months flying and blamed myself because I had opened up the casing to fit a gimbal. But my new P2 also now has a similar crack after 10 flights and I have not touched the screws this time. In both Phantoms I have not crashed them (yet!) and only hand catch. I left the crack on the P1 as it was and after another 9 months of flights it had not got any worse. I just check them after the flights. Pity the P3 still has this issue though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31