Litchti compatibility P3A

Reaction score
Don't want to be a nuisance, but can someone tell me, will Litchi validate and work without having all the latest updates in a P3A?
Thanks, Gary

Don't want to be a nuisance, but can someone tell me, will Litchi validate and work without having all the latest updates in a P3A?
Thanks, Gary
Probably.... it often won’t work with the latest firmware updates, there have been several instances of issues (for litchi and other 3rd party app developers).

Reactions: GWTX
Thanks, Gary

Litchi worked fine on my P3A with all the latest updates, and I don't think that DJI are doing anymore as they no longer support the P3A ,that said it can sometimes be that the platform such as iOS or android and the app version can cause issues.
Android especially is prone to problems more than iOS devices due to it being difficult to write an app that will work on the wide range of devices and software versions.

That said I've never had problems with the mission side of things but follow mode and track were problematic on Android devices

Thanks, Gary
Yes. Haven't had any issues with new app versions and still running 2 year old firmware in AC and RC.

Litchi worked fine on my P3A with all the latest updates, and I don't think that DJI are doing anymore as they no longer support the P3A ,that said it can sometimes be that the platform such as iOS or android and the app version can cause issues.
Android especially is prone to problems more than iOS devices due to it being difficult to write an app that will work on the wide range of devices and software versions.

That said I've never had problems with the mission side of things but follow mode and track were problematic on Android devices
Any implementation of active tracking based on visual acquisition of the target will have issues on pre P4 AC- simply because all the processing required is done on the display device (rather than in the AC, DJI bought in the Movidius/intel cleverness here staring with the P4).

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, may hafta wait a while, nuff problems already,
Gary

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, may hafta wait a while, nuff problems already,
Gary
Yes you can use the latest LItchi with fw all the way back to 1.4.

Fw 1.3 and older you have to use an older version of Litchi, which at 1 point, I was able to get a copy from Litchi.

I currently use the new updated Litchi with Fw 1.7.6 and block DJI Go 2.4.3 from internet

Last edited:
Thanks Apilot. Do you still need "Go" available for calibratons etc.? I primarily was looking at litchi for the map, and a few other features.

You can do compass calibration from Litchi. I never deleted the Go app to see if it would fly. Just blocked it so it wouldnt keep telling me I needed to update, and its latest drone advertisement.
You have a few more fine tuning camera settings with Go. (like gimble speed) that I have not seen in Litchi.

What are you trying to accomplish?

You can do compass calibration from Litchi. I never deleted the Go app to see if it would fly. Just blocked it so it wouldnt keep telling me I needed to update, and its latest drone advertisement.
You have a few more fine tuning camera settings with Go. (like gimble speed) that I have not seen in Litchi.

What are you trying to accomplish?
I had not flown for a while and when tried to, I had the "must update" nag which I think a I worked around by rolling back Go to 2.8.1 and editing the list.json files. Now I just want to get to a stable system with google maps or better and fly around my rural neighborhood looking at, and taking photos of the wildlife etc. If $25 will get me a good map without constant problems and updates, I'll be happy.
Thanks for sharing your experience, Gary

The nag about "must update" goes away once it warms up.
" Tips... Your app must be updated to the latest version "
This is the nag I was talking about, not the "updates required" that comes on, and goes off after warm up. This one never goes away, and "Go" never starts. Google the phrase " Tips... Your app must be updated to the latest version " and you'll see what I'm talking about.
But that's behind, now I''m waiting to see if the bird will fly with what I have. Then I'll see about replacing the map, and/or DjiGo. My tablet is wifi only, and seldom do I connect it to internet. I have everything uninstalled or disabled except "Go" and an Android system app. They are the only thing that shows up on Application Manager, and that's the only two that I ever get update notifications on. So, if I can get a stable system and good maps, I'll be satisfied.

What version of GO, FW on quad, and RC do you have now?

That might be some of the new features from DJI....... New features include, tweaker mode, bucking bronco mode, peak a boo streaming video mode that includes green screen streaming, guess your altitude mode, watch your landing gear mode, yoyo mode, and my very favorite; brick mode. Available now at DJI.com :D

Last edited:
What version of GO, FW on quad, and RC do you have now?

That might be some of the new features from DJI....... New features include, tweaker mode, bucking bronco mode, peak a boo streaming video mode that includes green screen streaming, guess your altitude mode, watch your landing gear mode, yoyo mode, and my very favorite; brick mode. Available now at DJI.com :D
Go 2.8.1(was 3.1.3) RC 1.6 AC 1.8.80
I rolled GO back to 2.8.1

Go 2.8.1(was 3.1.3) RC 1.6 AC 1.8.80
I rolled GO back to 2.8.1
Are you Android? If so, I can send you a copy of Go 2.4.3 to try. Not sure if you can use with fw 1.8, Since I stopped at 1.7.6 and refuse to go newer.

I do have a friend on here that runs FW 1.8 , and when he checks in here, Ill ask him whats the latest Go he uses. He has no issues with required updates. (I need to take time to make a chart on compatibility)
Also something else to check.. when you delete your old app, make sure you search the device and remove all the folders containing DJI info. Sometimes they get left behind and effect the older version as well.

Are you Android? If so, I can send you a copy of Go 2.4.3 to try. Not sure if you can use with fw 1.8, Since I stopped at 1.7.6 and refuse to go newer.

I do have a friend on here that runs FW 1.8 , and when he checks in here, Ill ask him whats the latest Go he uses. He has no issues with required updates. (I need to take time to make a chart on compatibility)
Also something else to check.. when you delete your old app, make sure you search the device and remove all the folders containing DJI info. Sometimes they get left behind and effect the older version as well.
I would be interested in any info you may conveniently provide, however, I'm pretty sure the "Forced" update as it is called was eliminated by going back older than 3.x.x. , and editing a couple files, and not letting dji update. I have a few of the older APK's, but I'm going to see if what I have now will work. Looks like I might get a chance for a quick test flight today. I'll get back with the results. I really appreciate the help. Gary

Reactions: Apilot101
I would be interested in any info you may conveniently provide, however, I'm pretty sure the "Forced" update as it is called was eliminated by going back older than 3.x.x. , and editing a couple files, and not letting dji update. I have a few of the older APK's, but I'm going to see if what I have now will work. Looks like I might get a chance for a quick test flight today. I'll get back with the results. I really appreciate the help. Gary
I rolled GO back to 2.9.1 (IOS) using Charles, and have AC 1.8, RC 1.6 with the latest Litchi version and it works perfectly if it's of any help.....

Reactions: GWTX and Apilot101
I rolled GO back to 2.9.1 (IOS) using Charles, and have AC 1.8, RC 1.6 with the latest Litchi version and it works perfectly if it's of any help.....
Thanks Pete, Definitely helpful. I'll probably try it(Litchi) with the versions I have and see what happens, and try something different if there are problems.

Reactions: Pete Leare
Thanks Pete, Definitely helpful. I'll probably try it(Litchi) with the versions I have and see what happens, and try something different if there are problems.
NP, and I have also turned off 'auto updates' for my ipad so it stays at 2.9.1 and I don't update AC or RC firmware anymore as I had issues with AC 1.10.xx and had to roll that back also using the 'debug' method which was a bit nervy.. but worked okay. Been fine ever since.
I do update Litchi however whenever there is something worth installing, or bug fixes. Good luck!

Reactions: Apilot101 and GWTX
I flew for one battery's worth today. Everything functioned as it should except me. I'm bit rusty. I have an ongoing problem with loosing the video signal, but that was there before. When it happens I tap the button on the tablet that shows the active apps twice and the video comes back. Aggravating but I'll work on that later. Still no google maps, but for what I do, they're not absolutely necessary, just a lot nicer than the Here maps. So, when I get time I'll buy Litchi and see if I still have enough brain power left to learn how to run it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.