Litchi?

Reaction score
I keep getting aircraft requesting to go home. Even when it is close with 100% signal. I hit ok and it comes right back. Anyway to stop it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you trying to execute a mission that can't be completed in calculated time or with the remaining battery?

i keep thinking its battery thing trying to make it home. but it is when just flying around no mission. i am going out about 2 miles and it happens even when flying back close to home. is there anyway i have a setting wrong in the dji app? maybe its bleeding over to litchi.

Smart RTH setting gets activated when battery goes low. Also if you are in a high interference area, weak signal or no signal may trigger RTH

Smart RTH setting gets activated when battery goes low. Also if you are in a high interference area, weak signal or no signal may trigger RTH
I thought you didnt need a signal to use Litchi. In other words I thought you could set your bird up to fly out of your range and it would complete the mission even if you lost your video and control signal. DO you need to turn off smart RTH in the DJI Go app first? Or I am wrong ?

just went out about 13,000' and noticed the red bar was getting close and it triggered again. seems like it is saying i need to turn back home to get there before battery runs out. problem is i can not get it off screen. if i hit ok it comes back on.

Litchi just updated like 2-3 days ago, now the top and default mode is FPV (manual flying), it used to be waypoint mode at the top, if you have RTH on signal loss selected in DJIgo, then Litchi will RTH on signal loss in FPV mode as it's a manual flight and has no mission to continue.

I have the updated app. Seems to be happening when battery indicator gets close to red. But I can't get it to stop showing up once it appears. I have 100% signal on both. If I hit ok it comes back up.

Litchi just updated like 2-3 days ago, now the top and default mode is FPV (manual flying), it used to be waypoint mode at the top, if you have RTH on signal loss selected in DJIgo, then Litchi will RTH on signal loss in FPV mode as it's a manual flight and has no mission to continue.

Litchi has it's own settings for signal loss in manual flying, you can choose from. Hover, Landing, or Return To Home.

Litchi has it's own settings for signal loss in manual flying, you can choose from. Hover, Landing, or Return To Home.
Understanding that litchi has its own settings for signal loss, if I'm flying a mission with waypoints and it hasn't completed but is out of the range of the controller, how do you get it to finish the mission?

Understanding that litchi has its own settings for signal loss, if I'm flying a mission with waypoints and it hasn't completed but is out of the range of the controller, how do you get it to finish the mission?

I think 'do nothing' is the setting for continuing mission.

I think the missions are uploaded to the drone so I would have thought it would just continue it's mission.

I was expecting it to continue mission once disconnected, was at a distance of roughly 9000 feet when it disconnected and started return to home. The other problem was, that I could not cancel return to home. It came home and landed just fine, but I couldn't take back over control of the bird.

I was expecting it to continue mission once disconnected, was at a distance of roughly 9000 feet when it disconnected and started return to home. The other problem was, that I could not cancel return to home. It came home and landed just fine, but I couldn't take back over control of the bird.
Put it in "S" mode and that kills the mission.You should be able to fly normally at this point and land it yourself.

Here is a question I hope someone has the answer to .......
I had a mission on Litchi set to go about 3.5 miles. I had someone on the other end of the mission to see if the bird made it that far and was in contact by phone with them. It did not and I had a stopwatch going to see just how long my bird was in the air. It got back to me with about 23 percent battery and about 21 min of flight time.
I could have the mission completed if it didnt auto RTH once the floating yellow RTH icon was initiated. My Low battery warning is at 20 percent so I know it didnt RTH because of this.
So , can you configure the app not to RTH automatically when that (half way point icon) is reached ?

If you have Smart-RTH enabled (in Go app settings) the Phantom's flight computer will abort your mission & engage RTH as soon as it reaches the battery RTH point. Just like when manually flying & it pops up warning you to come home.

Smart-RTH is very conservative & will often engage even with as much as 65-70% battery & relatively near. To avoid this you can turn off Smart-RTH.

WARNING: This defeats the Battery RTH safety! Your bird will fly on until 10% battery then auto-land. If you have RC control you can hold her aloft from 10% down to 0% while you manually fly her back. This makes learning your bird & battery limits critical.

Here is a question I hope someone has the answer to .......
I had a mission on Litchi set to go about 3.5 miles. I had someone on the other end of the mission to see if the bird made it that far and was in contact by phone with them. It did not and I had a stopwatch going to see just how long my bird was in the air. It got back to me with about 23 percent battery and about 21 min of flight time.
I could have the mission completed if it didnt auto RTH once the floating yellow RTH icon was initiated. My Low battery warning is at 20 percent so I know it didnt RTH because of this.
So , can you configure the app not to RTH automatically when that (half way point icon) is reached ?

This mission is 37,883'. In 6-8 mph winds, at 30 mph my P3 Standards complete this run in ~16 minutes & return with 28-30% battery remaining. My P4 makes the identical flight @ 30 mph and returns with 30-33% battery. The P3 birds engage RTH 1 in 3 flights with Smart-RTH enabled. The P4 ALWAYS engages RTH on this mission unless I disable Smart-RTH.

Since I know the birds can complete this flight it's safe to turn off Smart-RTH.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I keep getting aircraft requesting to go home. Even when it is close with 100% signal. I hit ok and it comes right back. Anyway to stop it

WARNING: This defeats the Battery RTH safety! Your bird will fly on until 10% battery then auto-land. If you have RC control you can hold her aloft from 10% down to 0% while you manually fly her back. This makes learning your bird & battery limits critical.
This will auto land at this point? I guess you better have RC control , or else a huge emergency landing zone.

Hey Dirty Bird, when it hits the 10 percent "auto Land" , what kind of warning is given and what are the steps to take back control ? Just put in "S" mode and fly ? Thanks , and love the videos .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers