Litchi

Reaction score
New to drones. Is Litchi app an alternative to the DJI Go app? Which is better???
Thx!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Third party apps do not completely replace DJI GO. You'll still need to use it in order to set some of the settings and perform some of the calibrations. They merely add extra functionality.

Reactions: isopro
Ahhh. Ok. Is Litchi the one to go with for 3rd party apps? It's $14.99 for iOS.

I use DJI GO the most. It normally does everything I need when I'm out flying.

Ok thx for all the replies. Last question; Litchi app has something new called Track Mode. Let's the camera focus and stay on a particular object of your choosing while you pilot the P4. Does the DJI Go app have that?

Ok thx for all the replies. Last question; Litchi app has something new called Track Mode. Let's the camera focus and stay on a particular object of your choosing while you pilot the P4. Does the DJI Go app have that?

Yes. Please learn and explore all of the DJI Go app before you consider 3rd party software as you might end up missing out on vital functions that the official DJI app provides.

New to drones. Is Litchi app an alternative to the DJI Go app? Which is better???
Thx!!!

No they are not the same. DJI go app will do things that Litchi does not and vice versa. Litchi is great for planning missions to get your bird to fly a very specific route and camera angles. This is great for photography and video. I am amazed at the mission planning you can do and well worth a checkout. I have been on the "mission hub" for Litchi the last few days to see how it works. Check it out here.

FPV Camera (iOS) has just been released for the P4. This looks interesting too. Though I've no experience with any of these apps.

Thx!!!

I am using/testing Litchi iOS beta and very seldom fly with the DJI app anymore.

I recommend becoming familiar with the craft and DJI app completely. At least a couple of months of flying before using 3rd party apps.

Reactions: msinger
I love Litchi for its Pano (use it all the time), POI and Waypoint features. I don't often use Follow mode, but Litchi's is superior - it maintains relative height above your controller rather than Go which just flies at one height above launch. You can even have it track a device other than your controller. If you are into pre-planning missions, saving them, reloading etc, Litchi supports it all, very nicely. It's really an awesome app - will be out for P4 soon.

There's only 6 reviews on the App Store. Though sometimes I take these with a pinch of salt, 5/6 are 1 star, the other 5 star.. Looks like the app has been written possibly by an Android user, iOS may be an after thought? Whereas FPV Camera seems to be the opposite (pro iOS).. Just my observation.

There's only 6 reviews on the App Store. Though sometimes I take these with a pinch of salt, 5/6 are 1 star, the other 5 star.. Looks like the app has been written possibly by an Android user, iOS may be an after thought? Whereas FPV Camera seems to be the opposite (pro iOS).. Just my observation.

I'm guesstimating based on what I know and see in the forums.......

Apparently Litchi was a really nice Android type app.
After success there and requests for iOS, it was slowly beta tested by specific items and then released in iOS and it progressed by each added feature that was beta tested and so on.

I may be wrong but in the early beginning it was Litchi and Android as the leaders in Android and iOS respectively.

Both have since started expanding their app into the other format.

I'm guesstimating based on what I know and see in the forums.......

Apparently Litchi was a really nice Android type app.
After success there and requests for iOS, it was slowly beta tested by specific items and then released in iOS and it progressed by each added feature that was beta tested and so on.

I may be wrong but in the early beginning it was Litchi and Android as the leaders in Android and iOS respectively.

Both have since started expanding their app into the other format.
Which one are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic