Litchi

Reaction score
Question: Does anyone have "hands on" experience with Litchi for DJI Phantom3? The description of the app and its abilities are more than worth the $19 dollars, however is it stable? Does it have bugs ? Are you aware of crashes, fly aways, etc due to using this app? I would like to hear from people that have used the app (especially extensively or as the primary app they fly with). Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I use this app 95% of the time. Only 'cos I'm beta testing Vertical Studio at the moment (That's the other 5%). It's got no flaws that I've come across yet. Beats all the others. I have a P3P.

Question: Does anyone have "hands on" experience with Litchi for DJI Phantom3? The description of the app and its abilities are more than worth the $19 dollars, however is it stable? Does it have bugs ? Are you aware of crashes, fly aways, etc due to using this app? I would like to hear from people that have used the app (especially extensively or as the primary app they fly with). Thanks in advance for your feedback.
It is excellent,I have used it for about 6 months,on a Nexus7, with no problems. The different modes,orbit,focus etc are also very good,but the panorama mode was a waste of flying time.The price has risen very signicantly,but still worth it.
I now never use the DJI app.

I've used it extensively with my P2v+. No hesitation in recommending it. Nowvabout to use it on my new P3P.

It is excellent,I have used it for about 6 months,on a Nexus7, with no problems. The different modes,orbit,focus etc are also very good,but the panorama mode was a waste of flying time.The price has risen very signicantly,but still worth it.
I now never use the DJI app.

I love the pano mode
Except they aren't really panos.
Below are aerial 360x180 sphericals created using Litchi's Pano mode.
Try it with VR goggles.
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps

Also, the follow me feature is much better allowing heading and course mode, more of a true follow. Litchi also does tether for Focus and Follow. This will enable a second smart phone to be the focused/followed subject.

Last edited:
I bought Litchi specifically for the waypoint/mission option. At home the other day I programmed a waypoint mission at a site 1 1/5hrs from my house. Today I drove to the site, prepped the quad and took off in GPS mode. I then switched to F mode then opened the mission and tapped GO! The quad flew the mission perfectly, with the exception that I thought I had selected to control the direction the quad would face in flight, but I didn't and so it was always looking to the left. Easy fix though!

I'm really impressed and am looking forward to more waypoint 'mission' flights...

So how does it compare with the 2.5.0 release of GO now that GO has the waypoint, follow me and orbit features? Is it still worth it over GO?

And does it have the geo fencing "feature" (limitation) that was snuck into the latest GO?

So how does it compare with the 2.5.0 release of GO now that GO has the waypoint, follow me and orbit features? Is it still worth it over GO?

And does it have the geo fencing "feature" (limitation) that was snuck into the latest GO?
Litchi allows you to program waypoint missions before actually flying. GO requires you to fly the mission manually first and program waypoints at the aircraft current location while in the air.
Litchi allows you to take pictures and start/stop video recording automatically at the different waypoints.
Litchi can fly beyond remote controller range - it will however not go beyond safe-return battery range.

Sounds like a good piece of kit. How about the geo fencing? Does it lock you out as Go does?

Reactions: sonof40
I love the pano mode
Except they aren't really panos.
Below are aerial 360x180 sphericals created using Litchi's Pano mode.
Try it with VR goggles.
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps

Also, the follow me feature is much better allowing heading and course mode, more of a true follow. Litchi also does tether for Focus and Follow. This will enable a second smart phone to be the focused/followed subject.

How do you do the 380x180 sphericals like that? I mean after taking the pictures, how to you render them for the web?

Reactions: Uptowndisco2
How do you do the 380x180 sphericals like that? I mean after taking the pictures, how to you render them for the web?

I use Auto Pano Giga. I then recrop to 360x180 and render to 6000x3000 spherical.
I then use Paint to copy and stretch to get a fake sky. Google street app (android) handled the upload. Google streets is encouraging users to upload their 360s.

Worked fine however first fly eith dji. Had some issues with actions to be taken at a waypoint.

I have 2.7.1 to try, but here, there will be 1 week of bad weather....:oops::(

I have mixed review. Whilst it will execute 2 missions with no issues. On the 3rd I get "mission failed to upload" only way to recover is reboot my phone and restart the application. Also I designed one mission with over 30 waypoints and 14 poi. The application allowed me to create on the web but refuses to do anything other than take off and hover at start of the mission. I checked all configurations and can find nothing which should cause this. I'm also in China so it's not a geo fence issue (we don't have them here) I proved it wasn't a coordinate issue by deciding the mission in to 3 parts which it executed with no problems. I can find no mention on the web site of waypoint limitations.
Anyone else have this and how to fix?
I use this fr photoing in detail large buildings and taking close ups of unique features.

Well, tried today last version (2.7.1) and......it really sucks (for me):
- First application crash on the middle of a flight, with usb debug, asking if i want DJI or Litchi (of course when at beginning i plug i said Litchi).
- Then, the Auto and Manuel (image) pressing twice right rollback, also sucks ( i put auto and image video is almost white):eek:
- Finally.....another crash.

Also, at my room, i get no satellites with Litchi, and with DJI, at least 2 satellites.
As far i can found, no info about how many cycles on the battery.

In conclusion:

Not for me.:(

One of the recommended settings is to turn USB debugging off

And i wouldn`t have contact between app and rc....
Never weird that......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj