Litchi

Reaction score
I literally just heard about Litchi and I am definitely interested in using it. Does it replace the Dji go app while flying ? Is it a reliable app? Anyone had issues with it ? I'd love to try it out but I am always hesitant with new things and my bird. Thanks for the info!!

Sorry no one answered you, litchi is great. Check it out on you tube, and double check your program before you fly

I agree with "Billup" with double check or triple check your waypoint missions before starting them....speaking from experience of someone who clipped a rooftop with a P4 due to the elevation changes ..... hard way to learn a lesson. Litchi now shows the elevation of each waypoint relevant to the starting point but I always goto Google Earth and plot the mission just to verify any altitude sdjustments.

I agree with "Billup" with double check or triple check your waypoint missions before starting them....speaking from experience of someone who clipped a rooftop with a P4 due to the elevation changes ..... hard way to learn a lesson. Litchi now shows the elevation of each waypoint relevant to the starting point but I always goto Google Earth and plot the mission just to verify any altitude sdjustments.
I personally start with a course relative to ground in GE and fine-tune in the Litchi app. The reason for this is that if you have a significant elevation change you need more waypoints across the contours. If you were to just plot a waypoint on either side of a hill (below its highest point) the aircraft would not make it to the other side. Litchi waypoints will use relative to ground data (if your settings are such), but the space between waypoints (your actual path) will not be accounted for in your final route. Litchi (both the app and the web interface) doesn't show a 3-d view of the terrain like GE does, so it's easier to plot waypoints on terrain in GE and export the KML.

If a waypoint has the altitude set at 100 ft and the next waypoint is set at 200 ft - will the P4 gradually increase to 200 ft as it moves between waypoints or stay at 100 ft until it reaches the 2nd waypoint and then rise an additional 100ft?

If a waypoint has the altitude set at 100 ft and the next waypoint is set at 200 ft - will the P4 gradually increase to 200 ft as it moves between waypoints or stay at 100 ft until it reaches the 2nd waypoint and then rise an additional 100ft?
It's a gradual transition.

I'll need to play with Litchi in a large flat area so I can watch it and see what it does. I'm a newbie P4P owner. Had it out a few times. Had fun flying it with the DJI App but I'm nervous about the firmware updates and the drone not being able to fly after I update it. Regardless, I'm itching to try this Litchi and see what it can do. Is the firmware only subject to the DJI Go app or does it affect all apps you use with it?

Litchi uses the DJI sdk (software development kit), it's probably best to run the most current firmware if using Litchi, although I'm not sure it's entirely necessary. I ran my first way-point mission a few weeks ago, purposefully making my P3 go out of range, as it was the only way to see if it would work (aside from turning off the remote). It's really amazing and worked perfectly. It's also very nerve-racking knowing your drone is out there somewhere on its course and all you can do is wait for it to complete its task and return home. I can envision many instances where Litchi may be extremely useful and in some cases the only way to capture video of certain areas or subjects.

ullrich402 - are you able to give us an update... Did you try out litchi and are you using it?
Sorry to jump in on your post, I use both the GO app and Litchi. You still need the GO app for the occasional software updates and a few of the Litchi settings are mirrored from the other app e.g max height and RTH settings. Since the last GO4 update, I use Litchi for all my flying due to the number of warnings that appear (wind, IMU cal, NFZ RTH etc) that do not appear using the Litchi app. It works a treat and is stable on iOS.

I am using Mission Hub to program my waypoints. Having trouble getting it to "take' picture. Put it on straight lines and having it to pause 2 secs before shot. Any suggestions.

I am using Mission Hub to program my waypoints. Having trouble getting it to "take' picture. Put it on straight lines and having it to pause 2 secs before shot. Any suggestions.
I plan mine solely within the app and don't use mission hub. Does the drone stop at each of your WPs? If you have auto record on during the mission, it will stop but not take a photo as the video is running.

No auto record on. I have it to stop a few secs before the shot. Maybe it needs a longer pause.

No auto record on. I have it to stop a few secs before the shot. Maybe it needs a longer pause.
I have mine set to 2 secs, single shot and a number of POIs set around the mission to give the photos some sort of perspective. Do you have full signal at each of the WPs?

I have it set at -90o and interpolate. 2 sec pause 1st. Trying to take a roof inspection.

I have it set at -90o and interpolate. 2 sec pause 1st. Trying to take a roof inspection.
Do you have the roof inspection set up as a mission route or a series of shots you could perform in FPV? I have a bunch of POIs set up around the lake where I fly, set their height at 10 Mtrs, select POI and not interpolate and let the camera automatically adjust the angle for each shot.

Do you have the roof inspection set up as a mission route or a series of shots you could perform in FPV? I have a bunch of POIs set up around the lake where I fly, set their height at 10 Mtrs, select POI and not interpolate and let the camera automatically adjust the angle for each shot.
I tried using POI but it let me set user waypoint...had to be off. Also I noticed when loading mission from Hub, the table was not change to straight line, it was still curves. That will probably make a huge difference. To late to try...tomorrow. thanks for the help. I did find he batch editor when reading manual. I knew it was there but never could find. The wrench. lol.

I tried using POI but it let me set user waypoint...had to be off. Also I noticed when loading mission from Hub, the table was not change to straight line, it was still curves. That will probably make a huge difference. To late to try...tomorrow. thanks for the help. I did find he batch editor when reading manual. I knew it was there but never could find. The wrench. lol.
Yeah I set all my WPs first and then add the POIs last, that way I cannot accidentally add a weird WP and risk losing the drone (long story...). If you have curves, since it never gets to the WP, nothing will happen. As for the batch editor tool, the new relative to ground is a great feature and takes a lot of the guess work out trying to estimate various heights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4