Litchi waypoint tests

Reaction score
I'm gaining confidence in the Litchi app to run my P3. Today I had a chance to run it through it's paces over open desert with low wind. It is very cool to just trace out a flight path against a map and have it go. Next tests are in the mountains. There are a lot of unknowns with altitude gain and loss with flight time and time between waypoints.

Here is the video of the tests:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: nhoover
That's pretty cool! I can't wait till a more "refined" and user friendly version comes out

Am I invisible? I did a search on my AppStore and got this result
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442971026.919794.jpg
Clearly not the same Litchi

HD Pilot - in looking at your screenshot it appears you are in China (like me)? Unfortunately, Litchi is not available for download here. I contacted Litchi directly and they gave me no indication that they could deliver here even in the future. Sux, but if you know China like I do, you are happy that we are at least able to still fly drones here via DJI GO. I'm dreading the day that the Govt comes out with a blanket law that simply prohibits any UFV use by the public....Let me know what city you're in. Cheers!

That's pretty cool! I can't wait till a more "refined" and user friendly version comes out

Out of curiosity what exactly are you wanting, other than features like camera settings etc. As far as user friendly how much easier can it get than what the developer has done?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For waypoints and orbits in Litchi blows DJI Go away even as a beta. Also it allows altitudes above 500 meters which is a huge plus for me.

It doesn't have camera control yet (you have to set that in DJI Go and switch back) and having come from DJI Go it can be tricky to do things like abort a return to home and locate some settings and functions. But that is what I am doing, learning my way around it for my next mountain video mission.

Reactions: embayweather
Chris, you know that litchi is out of beta, however they do have a beta that has some camera controls, sign up on their website. Also aborting RTH, why not just abort via RC?

Chris, you know that litchi is out of beta, however they do have a beta that has some camera controls, sign up on their website. Also aborting RTH, why not just abort via RC?

I'm running 2.1.0. I can abort the RTH on the controller, but once it goes to RTH during a mission it aborts the mission. I'm playing with the low battery level as it keeps aborting it mission just shy of half way with about 30% left on the battery when it lands. Clearly that is premature.

I'm running 2.1.0. I can abort the RTH on the controller, but once it goes to RTH during a mission it aborts the mission. I'm playing with the low battery level as it keeps aborting it mission just shy of half way with about 30% left on the battery when it lands. Clearly that is premature.
You know you can adjust those battery settings?

If you are at 20, don't be to long getting it on the ground-- you probably have about 2 minutes max.
The problem is that the P3 is trying to anticipate the flight home. When I am out 1 3/4 miles a 70% battery it wants to return home even though it is almost at the turn around point for the mission anyway. When I let it return, it lands with about 30%. I'd be happy to land with 20% and have it finish it's mission instead thus the change in settings. I almost never run below 20%.

I'm getting a lot of upload failures. I wish I could go to a spot with a click of the map without setting up waypoints.

The problem is that the P3 is trying to anticipate the flight home. When I am out 1 3/4 miles a 70% battery it wants to return home even though it is almost at the turn around point for the mission anyway. When I let it return, it lands with about 30%. I'd be happy to land with 20% and have it finish it's mission instead thus the change in settings. I almost never run below 20%.

Not sure but what you are describing is exactly how the failsafes should work and you should either as mentioned lower battery settings or temper the distance of the flight, keep in mind though that the timer/anticipation reading for home point does not take into account for headwinds etc, so be aware that timer is not 100% correct.

I'm getting a lot of upload failures. I wish I could go to a spot with a click of the map without setting up waypoints.

What is the exact error you are getting?

On your other request you could use orbit with small diameter, however, be aware if you send the phantom way out there and you loose rc control, the bird will fly to critical battery and just land no RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31