Litchi Waypoint, Safe or not safe?

Reaction score
I have not purchased it yet but wondering if its safe to use for waypoint, I exchange DVD from my friend, I drove atleast once or twice a day to his house just to give back his DVD, the purpose is to drop the DVD at his backyard, He lives 2KM from me, What I wonder is

- Is litchi waypoint safe?
- how does RTH works if something goes wrong
- During the waypoint if i don't have signal does the A/C RTH or will continue to waypoint
- Is there any crash stories using Litchi waypoint
- How accurate is the GPS
- Does Obstacle Avoidance work

Thanks

I am still somewhat new myself, but here's my experience so far. Answers to your bullet points...

-From what I have heard and experienced so far, yes, it's safe. It is in my view very well made to be compatible with Dji. I actually prefer Litchi to Dji Go for many reasons.
-RTH works pretty much the same, with a few exceptions. If you are just flying FPV, if you lose signal, it will RTH. If it is actually flying a planned mission, it will continue the mission then RTH, or whatever your end instructions were. But RTH due to low battery, etc will still be the overriding action.
-See above answer for this question as well...
-Yes, I have heard of Litchi crash stories, but there are crash stories with every operating system. In my opinion, nothing to worry about there.
-GPS is quite accurate, for waypoint missions, craft control, tracking map, the works. Quite reliable.
-I don't have a P4, so I don't know if obstacle avoidance still works with Litcchi or not. BUT, I would think that the Obstacle Avoidance system would be part of the craft and would override every other command. An independent, last ditch effort, so to speak.

Hope I helped!

I don't think so on Beta. I have version 3.3.1. As for LED, there are some controls the Litchi app does not have. I haven't found the controls for LED on Litchi. May be there but I havent seen it. But it's easy to go back to Go App if you need to for certain settings. I don't know of a lighting setting on/off during litchi mission either.

I don't think so on Beta. I have version 3.3.1. As for LED, there are some controls the Litchi app does not have. I haven't found the controls for LED on Litchi. May be there but I havent seen it. But it's easy to go back to Go App if you need to for certain settings. I don't know of a lighting setting on/off during litchi mission either.

If one of the thread I was told the LED on/off features available in beta

I have used it a LOT! Tons of flights that I have made on my macbook and saved then you simply start the app on your phone or tablet, upload your mission and you're good to go! The first time you lose remote connection while on a mission is scary but just trust it and it'll come back!

Reactions: Gary M
Yeah I was out of touch once for 9 minutes, but remained calm. Then overhead she appeared, ready to land.

Is there a way to have it RTH immediately rather than continue and complete the mission when it loses signal?

This is a topic in another thread at the moment. Auto RTH is only active when flying manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik