Litchi waypoint rotatation action

Reaction score
Hi, In setting a way point, you can, amongst other things is execute and "action". In my case, I'm interested in the "Rotate" action. It does it too quickly for my taste. Is there a way to slow it down?
Thanks.... Ed

Instead of a straight-turn flight, do curved turns, set a POI marker on the thing you want to focus on, set waypoints before & after the POI ,& set those waypoints to focus on the POI. When it flies by the camera will smoothly track the object. Watch this video & you'll see how the camera automatically pans & follows POIs. Go to about 5:30 & watch the building spiral. A POI in the center of the buidling with points all around tracking the POI. There are many other examples in this same video:

Hi, In setting a way point, you can, amongst other things is execute and "action". In my case, I'm interested in the "Rotate" action. It does it too quickly for my taste. Is there a way to slow it down?
Thanks.... Ed

Last edited:
Dirty Bird - that is one helluva video and congrats to you. There is no way in the UK would we be allowed to fly close to buildings like that.

Dirty Bird - that is one helluva video and congrats to you. There is no way in the UK would we be allowed to fly close to buildings like that.

Great video. So please tell me your settings for this great video. And what # filter do you use on this one.

Impressive and ballsy flight. I liked the one where you got really close to that building also.

Hey DB, with the curved waypoint flight do you set it to "start video" at waypoints or start recording from take off and edit later? Action feature says it won't work with curved path on even if you don't put curves at all the waypoints....... New you litchi and doing a lot of experiments.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks.... Ed
To answer your question, I'm not aware of any parameter that you can change to alter the rotation speed at a waypoint. Rotating the AC at a waypoint is totally different from rotating AROUND something. DB's response is correct if you're wanting to rotate AROUND something but if I read your question correctly, you're simply wanting the bird to stop at the waypoint and rotate around before moving to the next waypoint and I don't think you can change the rotation speed. If, during the mission, you still have contact with the RC, you could use "stay for" as an action, then while it's "staying", you could rotate it manually at the desired speed. I think you'd have to change the heading to "manual" also (in the mission settings).

Last edited:
Instead of a straight-turn flight, do curved turns, set a POI marker on the thing you want to focus on, set waypoints before & after the POI ,& set those waypoints to focus on the POI. When it flies by the camera will smoothly track the object. Watch this video & you'll see how the camera automatically pans & follows POIs. Go to about 5:30 & watch the building spiral. A POI in the center of the buidling with points all around tracking the POI. There are many other examples in this same video:

Thanks.... Ed

Wow, that's all I can say for that footage, amazing Dirty Bird. Was looking for info on rotation speeds with Litchi for my P3P. I saw this, had to join!
Can tell you're confident with you're "mission programming". Takes balls of steel to tap that start button lol. One question: when she was spiraling down that building was that the avoidance that kept taking you out when descending, or did you program it like that on fear of maybe being pushed in from the cross winds?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj