Litchi Waypoint Questions

Reaction score
!. Is it possible to change speeds at the different waypoints? That would be a fantastic addition making for fantastic opportunities; and

2. Is there any way to let Litchi know your ideas, and are they receptive to these?

We seem to have the option of curved routes at waypoints or not. You don't seem to be able to turn this option on for one waypoint and then off for another. If we could then we could video part of our mission with smooth curved corners, stop recording, take a photo or pano which requires Non-cursed route at waypoint, then start recording again and have their remaining route curved at the waypoints again for smooth video

Just a thought as these options would and could be game changers IMHO. Thanks

Reactions: m0rph
I too would love the option to change speeds and agree it would definitely be a game changer. Neither Litchi or FPV Camera have the option to change speeds currently between waypoints. I think I read somewhere this is due to a firmware limitation but I am not 100% sure.

I know you can in Autopilot

!. Is it possible to change speeds at the different waypoints? That would be a fantastic addition making for fantastic opportunities; and

2. Is there any way to let Litchi know your ideas, and are they receptive to these?

We seem to have the option of curved routes at waypoints or not. You don't seem to be able to turn this option on for one waypoint and then off for another. If we could then we could video part of our mission with smooth curved corners, stop recording, take a photo or pano which requires Non-cursed route at waypoint, then start recording again and have their remaining route curved at the waypoints again for smooth video

Just a thought as these options would and could be game changers IMHO. Thanks
Currently, speed changes can only be done manually while in flight with the RC.

You can participate in the discussion/forum for issues, questions, enhancement requests, etc.. just look at the bottom portion of their webpage Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

There's also help information there...

Autopilot can accomplish this because of its "custom flight controller" as explained here:
Flight School - Autoflight Logic
But I believe that with Autopilot waypoint missions if RC communication is lost then the P3 will initiate RTH mode unlike Litchi which downloads the entire mission to the P3 which can fly it uninterrupted even if there is loss of communication to the RC... but is certainly impaired by the DJI SDK limitations.

Each app has it's strengths, pros, cons, etc....

Personally, I like using an Android tablet and having uninterrupted waypoint missions but I know that Autopilot serves up great features and benefits for others.

"We seem to have the option of curved routes at waypoints or not. You don't seem to be able to turn this option on for one waypoint and then off for another. If we could then we could video part of our mission with smooth curved corners, stop recording, take a photo or pano which requires Non-cursed route at waypoint, then start recording again and have their remaining route curved at the waypoints again for smooth video"

I'm using the IOS version. You can turn off the curve on any waypoint. In fact you could set that waypoint up as a pause, for however long you want, and take your photos. In fact, I think before you set a loiter time at a waypoint, you have to turn the curve off.

S

"We seem to have the option of curved routes at waypoints or not. You don't seem to be able to turn this option on for one waypoint and then off for another. If we could then we could video part of our mission with smooth curved corners, stop recording, take a photo or pano which requires Non-cursed route at waypoint, then start recording again and have their remaining route curved at the waypoints again for smooth video"

I'm using the IOS version. You can turn off the curve on any waypoint. In fact you could set that waypoint up as a pause, for however long you want, and take your photos. In fact, I think before you set a loiter time at a waypoint, you have to turn the curve off.

S
Adding actions is not possible in curved mode. Only in straight line mode can that be done.

Select the waypoint, and slide the curve to 0. Then set the desired action for that waypoint.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In FPV Camera, you can control speed of waypoint mission Mission Planner Tutorial - Waypoints RC Speed & Yaw Control

I understand you can manually change the speed using the RC while it is on a mission. I believe this thread is referring to being able to set different speeds at the different waypoints so while flying autonomously it will change speeds automatically based on what you set at specific waypoints during the mission.

Select the waypoint, and slide the curve to 0. Then set the desired action for that waypoint.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Curved and straight line are global settings. Actions only work with straight line setting for the whole mission. Actions will be ignored no matter if you set a waypoint to zero, within a curved mission. I asked this very thing to support today. I hope this changes at some point down the line.

I did another IOS Litichi mission today and it continues to blow me away. At the moment, this is all I want out of filming with waypoints- smooth video capturing all the sights I would miss if I flew it manually. Totally digging autonomous flight!

Curved and straight line are global settings. Actions only work with straight line setting for the whole mission. Actions will be ignored no matter if you set a waypoint to zero, within a curved mission. I asked this very thing to support today. I hope this changes at some point down the line.

I just read your latest post, fired up my app and tried to set up a curved route with a single loiter waypoint and of course you're correct. It's a global setting.

Now I don't have to step out into near-icing conditions to prove I'm right.

More coffee instead.

Cheers,

S

I just read your latest post, fired up my app and tried to set up a curved route with a single loiter waypoint and of course you're correct. It's a global setting.

Now I don't have to step out into near-icing conditions to prove I'm right.

More coffee instead.

Cheers,

S
Lol, wish I was wrong. Let's hope they change this for the better. Coffee for me too.

Reactions: Sagebrush
S
Yes I believe you are correct HOWEVER these is a light grey message that reads something like waypoint actions do not function with curved routes. I have not tried it out due to weather so I am not certain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav