Litchi waypoint mission uploads seem really slow to P3 standard

Reaction score
How long should it take a fairly simple mission (6 way points and 1 POI) to upload from my Android phone to the Phantom 3 Standard? I start the mission on my phone, and the screen sits at 0% upload the entire time, of well over a minute before it starts the mission. Sometimes It doesn't start at all. Is this normal?

I use the Hub to design a mission, turn on Wi-Fi on my monitor & the mission shows in seconds.
In the field, get my bird in the air, flip to F mode , hit the mission I want & in a matter of seconds my P3A is off on waypoint mission.

How long should it take a fairly simple mission (6 way points and 1 POI) to upload from my Android phone to the Phantom 3 Standard? I start the mission on my phone, and the screen sits at 0% upload the entire time, of well over a minute before it starts the mission. Sometimes It doesn't start at all. Is this normal?
No. Mine, even with 10-20 waypoints, uploads and starts usually within 5 seconds or so (IOS). FWIW, I never use the Mission Hub. I always plan the mission directly on my Ipad Mini 2.

Where is your Phantom when you're trying to load the mission? Is it on the ground, airborne, etc.? If airborne, is it directly above you? If so, fly it a bit out in front of you before loading the mission. I usually go up to about 50 ft. altitude and about 40-50 ft. away before switching to F mode and starting the mission.

Last edited:
I have it on the ground in front of me. I make the missions using the hub, download them to my phone (android) and then in the field turn the drone on, turn on the remote, start Litchi, make sure everything is communicating, put the controller into F-mode, select my way point mission and upload it....eventually. Yesterday I made a mission with 6 way points one POI and it never would upload.

No I haven't tried that. I plan to do a bunch of test flights tomorrow to sort out some of these quirks. Thanks for the tip ! I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I started using the "bird in the air & flip to F-mode, start mission" method cause on a few occasions, mission was a no go starting on ground.
In the air, I;ve never had Litchi girl pipe in with - "mission did not load, or mission failed"

Turns out the issue is my phone. I used my dads and my brothers, and neither one missed a beat. Time for a new phone I guess ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31