Litchi waypoint distance limit

Reaction score
I'm finding that any waypoint greater than 1.2 miles gives me a distance too far between waypoints warning. My total round trip is 4.6 miles. If I make the 2nd "destination" waypoint at 2.3 miles I get this error. The only way I've found to make this work is to add two additional waypoints in the middle, going at 1.2 miles and again coming back at 1.2 miles at which time the mission will load and execute.

I have the max distance turned off in the Go App. Is there any way to remove the distance restriction or does anyone see any problems with adding the additional waypoints in the middle to get around it?

Android, latest firmware and GO & Litchi versions.

Thanks.

Since it is about 1.2 miles, I always set my long stretches no longer than 1 to 1.1 miles. Most of my missions are over 7 miles, so I have a lot of those longer stretches.

Reactions: scunny
Thanks, so you are saying that setting multiple way points at 1.1 miles or less but the cumulative total exceeding 2000 meters or about 1.25 miles is ok?

Last edited:
Thanks, so are saying that setting multiple way points at 1.1 miles or less but the cumulative total exceeding 2000 meters or about 1.25 miles is ok?
Yep. For whatever reason, Litchi won't accept over 2000 meter distance between waypoints. I have at least a couple of missions over 8 miles so I have a few multiple 1 mile stretches since they Litchi makes you break them up.

Thanks for the info. I was going to make a bunch of 1/4 miles waypoints back and forth within eyesite until I exceeded the limit to see what happened.

I wonder what the purpose in the help statement "The 3D distance between consecutive waypoints must be between 0.5m and 2000m" is all about.

Thanks, so are saying that setting multiple way points at 1.1 miles or less but the cumulative total exceeding 2000 meters or about 1.25 miles is ok?
No greater than 2000m between two consecutive waypoints.

I’m getting the error message about distance between two consecutive waypoints being too large so i added more and more waypoints, max distance between any two is just 50 meters but still getting same message. Any advice would be gratefully received. UPDATED... OK - my mistake, I didn't realise there had to be less than 2000 m between first and last waypoints. was trying to fly a single route only. Does anyone know a way of getting round it?

Last edited:
I’m getting the error message about distance between two consecutive waypoints being too large so i added more and more waypoints, max distance between any two is just 50 meters but still getting same message. Any advice would be gratefully received. UPDATED... OK - my mistake, I didn't realise there had to be less than 2000 m between first and last waypoints. was trying to fly a single route only. Does anyone know a way of getting round it?
The only way is to make it a round trip mission and make sure you arrive at the endpoint (the point you previously wanted it to end on the one way mission) before it turns around to head home. Add a few loops at that point to give yourself time to arrive before the Phantom does. Also, make sure you disable SmartRTH in DJI Go or it may decide it doesn’t have enough battery for the round trip. If it does that, the mission will stop and it’ll make a beeline for home.

On the last way point set it to land... Or hover... Then it will automatically land when battery reached 10%. Just make sure smart feature is turned off so it doesn't come back home when battery reaches a low level

I set way points about 1000 feet and seems to work fine. Just the other day I was going to send it on a one way trip 3.2 miles away and it keeps giving me errors that distance between two way points to great. I added way point to decreas the distance down to 816 feet and still have the same problem. I’ve deleted the trip. I plan on trying it again. Any ideas.

I'm finding that any waypoint greater than 1.2 miles gives me a distance too far between waypoints warning. My total round trip is 4.6 miles. If I make the 2nd "destination" waypoint at 2.3 miles I get this error. The only way I've found to make this work is to add two additional waypoints in the middle, going at 1.2 miles and again coming back at 1.2 miles at which time the mission will load and execute.

I have the max distance turned off in the Go App. Is there any way to remove the distance restriction or does anyone see any problems with adding the additional waypoints in the middle to get around it?

Android, latest firmware and GO & Litchi versions.

Thanks.
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but aren't you supposed to keep vlos even if it is on an automated mission? Neither you or your spotter will be able to see it 4 miles out.

-Weston Ney

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik