Litchi vs DJI GO Problem

Reaction score
When I start up the controller, aircraft and android (Galaxy S2) I am unable to override Litchi and use DJI. I can open DJI but Litchi automatically boots up and takes over. Also I cannot get the camera to work in DJI. Is this a matter of just uninstalling Litchi every time I want to fly DJI or is it in settings? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Last edited:
You may have selected Litchi to be used always. You have to restart phone and when prompted (both apps) select the one you will use but this time only.

When you have both apps installed, as soon as you connect RC it will ask which app you want to use. If you select either and select always then that one will override the other.

When I start up the controller, aircraft and android (Galaxy S2) I am unable to override Litchi and use DJI. I can open DJI but Litchi automatically boots up and takes over. Also I cannot get the camera to work in DJI. Is this a matter of just uninstalling Litchi every time I want to fly DJI or is it in settings? Thanks in advance for any comments.

I don't recall exactly how it works for older Android releases (I'm using 6.0.1), but if you go to settings > apps > litchi, there should be an option to 'clear defaults'. After that when you turn on the RC you'll be prompted to select between Litchi or DJI GO.

You may have selected Litchi to be used always. You have to restart phone and when prompted (both apps) select the one you will use but this time only.
I agree, that could be the problem. I just used Litchi yesterday for the first time and don't remember seeing or answering that prompt. I uninstalled Litchi and DJI seems to be working again. I'm hoping that is where the problem lies. Thanks for the input.
I don't recall exactly how it works for older Android releases (I'm using 6.0.1), but if you go to settings > apps > litchi, there should be an option to 'clear defaults'. After that when you turn on the RC you'll be prompted to select between Litchi or DJI GO.
Thanks. I was not aware of that setting. I did that. Both apps are now NOT set as default. I'll see what transpires.

If you are running Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) you could have one of the devices that has issues. My Galaxy S5 worked great with both Go and Litchi using Lollipop. Now, I can only have one or the other installed. Neither will connect if both are installed. It is a device dependent issue with 6.0.1. and could be a different issue depending on the device.

Litchi and DJI Go app can't run simultaneously sharing one USB port of RC. Please kill one of the apps totally before switching in the other. It should be removed from background running in memory too.

Not sure about Android, but in iOS, double click home button and kill the app you don't want to run.

Reactions: M1shootr
Litchi and DJI Go app can't run simultaneously sharing one USB port of RC. Please kill one of the apps totally before switching in the other. It should be removed from background running in memory too.

Not sure about Android, but in iOS, double click home button and kill the app you don't want to run.
Correct, they can not and should not be running simultaneously. My issue personally with the Galaxy S5 was confirmed by a Litchi rep to be a device dependent issue with Marshmallow.

Reactions: M1shootr

Yes, unfortunately both apps cannot coexist on my tablet. I haven't tried the phone yet, but expect the same result. Both seem to set themselves as default as soon they are utilized. I have even tried to reset them with no luck. Thanks for your help.

I can confirm that Litchi and DJIGO will not work when both installed on Galaxy s5 if running Marshmallow. The only work around that I can see is to revert back to Lollipop. I only have Litchi loaded on mine as it exclusively used for VR.

Correct, they can not and should not be running simultaneously. My issue personally with the Galaxy S5 was confirmed by a Litchi rep to be a device dependent issue with Marshmallow.

Which is why mine is rooted and the upgrade service frozen. Android 5.1 works just fine andn I see no reason to upgrade and several (this one for example) not to.

After the last Android update and not being able to select Just Once anymore, my Galaxy S5 will not connect to either DJI Go or Litchi. Tried everything. Unistalled both apps and tried them both without the other installed, different cable, debugged, removered SD card and reinstalled. Reboot, unplugged and cleard defaults. Everything. Will not connect to either app. It will however connect to my P2v3 with the wifi. My Tab S will connect to everything. I give up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31