Litchi vs Autopilot for DJI

Reaction score
Hello all,

I heard everybody in the forum mentioning Litchi.

Has anybody used Autopilot for DJI ? It seems to have good reviews.

Thoughts....!

15338b757b4b34b40bb7cafeadbcc55d.jpg

I use both. They are both excellent products with each having their strengths and some weaknesses. Autopilot has some great complex flight mode capabilities and Airspace while Litchi has FPV and Mission Hub. Both apps are very reliable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gerfoto
I use Autopilot for every flight I make that has a "video mission". Its a great application, very powerful so much to learn. All the flight modes have Beginner, Intermediate and Advance settings. If you stay within the Beginner setting its a great way to get started. Also their Flight School is good at explaining all the features as well as providing good examples of missions, lots of YouTube how-to videos on settings and actual flight missions with Autopilot.
Bottom line, if you are using your drone for video missions I would defiantly consider Autopilot. Autopilot gets you to taking good to great videos quickly. You get to focus on the shot and not so much on the flying the drone. If taking great videos is the main reason you bought your drone then, in my humble opinion, Autopilot is a great investment.

I use Autopilot for every flight I make that has a "video mission". Its a great application, very powerful so much to learn. All the flight modes have Beginner, Intermediate and Advance settings. If you stay within the Beginner setting its a great way to get started. Also their Flight School is good at explaining all the features as well as providing good examples of missions, lots of YouTube how-to videos on settings and actual flight missions with Autopilot.
Bottom line, if you are using your drone for video missions I would defiantly consider Autopilot. Autopilot gets you to taking good to great videos quickly. You get to focus on the shot and not so much on the flying the drone. If taking great videos is the main reason you bought your drone then, in my humble opinion, Autopilot is a great investment.

just wondering because of the youtube

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
he says that the inspire one controls the yaw but not the phantom 3 which doesnt have the 360 degree gimbal . Neither does the phantom 4 I believe

I also use AutoPilot - a very very good app... it has lots of setting options so may make it look too complicated for some to handle.

just wondering because of the youtube

he says that the inspire one controls the yaw but not the phantom 3 which doesnt have the 360 degree gimbal . Neither does the phantom 4 I believe
The video is misleading. Both apps yaw the camera by yawing the craft, while maintaining a path of travel you dictate. This is fundamental to both programs. It's the primary reason you'd buy either program, to automate the smooth tracking of a POI as you fly by.

One caveat here is that Autopilot is only available on iOS while Litchi is available for both Android and iOS. So, if you are an android user, you can't use Autopilot.

The post shows the Focus function as the Youtube video the OP is referencing, this does not yaw the P3's last I knew. I suggest watching the other videos, other modes such as Follow will yaw the P3's. I flew with Follow while my wife drove the truck. It worked as expected when not doing too much tight turning.

Yes Litchi does "yaw" the aircraft to keep the camera focused on the POI while maintaining the desired direction of flight. This is "easier" on the Inspire due to the 360deg gimbal but the ap does all the calculations and makes it happen pretty smoothly with all things considered.

Using the Zip line mode Autopilot will yaw the P4 and gimbal the camera as needed as it flies by to keep the point of Interest pretty much centered. You can even change the altitude of the focus point so you can, for example, keep focus on the top of a tower as the P4 flies by.

Take a look at this video I shot. I used Autopilot's Orbit mode. You can see that Autopilot is yawing the P4 as it flies around me keeping me in focus.

Last edited:
Don't think there is any difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31