Litchi VR device compatibility list?

Is there a list of the mobile devices and their OS version, that are known to work with Litchi's VR mode?
Higher the resolution of the device, better will be the result. VR divides the screen into two individual screens to display 3D views. So better to go for highest available / affordable resolution device. Smaller resolution devices will also work but you will see individual pixels then.

Reactions: Flyer91
Thanks!
That's good point and one I'll be sure to heed when making my device selection.

My concern is also based on the warning that Litchi lists in their FAQs for the VR mode, saying ....

"The VR mode uses the phone's hardware video decoder for improved performance and while it will work on most devices, we do not guarantee support for all Android devices. Software video decoding is not supported for the VR mode, you can change the video decoder in the general settings."

So I want to be sure that the device I select is from a list of ones known to work with the VR mode, and now ... as you pointed out ..... also hi-res. :)
It's all too pricey (for my blood) to buy and hope it will work. :oops:

I 'thought' I saw a list somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it again, and I'm thinking it may have been a list just for the goggles that will work. (???)

Last edited:
The safe bets are samsung phones, but a lot of non-exotic high-end phones should work well too.

Go for quad core devices, you won't have such issues. Alternatively check if the device has a chip for video processing.

If you can run Netflix on your device, you are good to go :)

I actually have a strange problem. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 International and when I click the VR Goggles icon to go in VR MODE I get the screens for each eye on my phone but the data being stream is full of pink/black macro blocks and you can't see a thing. The S3 works perfectly with Google Cardboard VR applications (including 3D rendered ones, movies, etc). I've also flown with it with AR Flight Pro (VR MODE) with my Parrot ArDrone 2.0 and it worked perfectly ! So the device is capable of working in this mode but for some strange reason Litchi doesn't want to work with it ...

I've tried so far:

- forced GPU rendering from Developers Options on Android
- tested with several versions of Android 4.3 / 4.4 didn't test with Marhmallow 6.0 but I think it would be the same
- rebooted the devices several times after applying all settings
- disabled OSD in VR MODE in Litchi and some other options from VR

Any ideas anyone ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers