Litchi video recoding stop/start

Reaction score
Just after some advice .I own a P3A and P3S . The S is used for litchi missions .
It works well for this but I find the camera settings/controllers via the app dreadful and getting anything to change is really hit and miss .
The most frustrating issue being the record button .
The voice tells me I'm controlling shutter speed which is fine but the devil must be controlling the record button because I certainly can't
I thought I had circumvented the issue by setting the auto record in the app .This worked initially but it seems the devil taken command of this function as well
During flight it will constantly stop recording It was fine for quite a while but now it is doing this often . When I look at the footage from the sd card the image freezes drags then pixilates before stopping
Is this an indication of a problem with the sd card /app/camera or cord ?
Any ideas?
Thanks

Not sure what device you have, but I had some issues with the cable from my iOS device to the controller causing it to give me a glitchy display, loss of signal and other weird stuff. I changed out both the cable and changed out the microSD card at the same time and the problem went away.
This occurred on both the litchi and go app so it was pointing to the above, have not experienced your problem with just the one app but having updated litchi yesterday, maybe I'm in for a surprise when it's not blowing and raining to try it out.
Does it occur when using the go app?

Hi tevek , it's an older version of litchi I'm not sure which one I will have to look

Since the force upgrade of the GO app on android I haven't used it for ages .
I can apply the work around to use the version I want and get Google maps but that only lasts as long as the maps stay on the tablet.So a bit of a pain.
I had trouble similar to what you describe initially and illuminated them with a change of cable
I have formatted the sd card and will try again as well as trying a new one
It's very frustrating with the Standard .You will think it ok then recording will stop just as it goes out of range .

Hi tevek , it's an older version of litchi I'm not sure which one I will have to look

Since the force upgrade of the GO app on android I haven't used it for ages .
I can apply the work around to use the version I want and get Google maps but that only lasts as long as the maps stay on the tablet.So a bit of a pain.
I had trouble similar to what you describe initially and illuminated them with a change of cable
I have formatted the sd card and will try again as well as trying a new one
It's very frustrating with the Standard .You will think it ok then recording will stop just as it goes out of range .
I'm on 1.17.2 on iOS and have very few problems with maps as most of my flying is with missions. Load the map inside, go outside and it is good to go. DJI is a different story as occasionally I get the 'insufficient coverage' or similar to load the HP map. Next day it is fine, however I only use the radar for flying if need be and its not a problem.
As for the stop in recording, never had that on iOS except for the aforementioned cable/card fix.

I had a slow SD card that caused problems like what you're describing. It would record a few seconds then stop and start back up for a few, etc.

Is it possible you're using all the good/fast SD cards in the P3A and whatever is left in the P3S?

Yes they were not the cheap ones ScanDisc Extreme ( extreme referring to a long life rather than a short one hopefully ).although that doesn't mean they can't play up / breakdown I suppose

The one that failed for me was a Sandisk Ultra Plus. The Extreme & Extreme Pro cards work just fine. Maybe you got a counterfeit card.

Try using a free Windows utility called h2testw to test the read/write speed of the SD card. From my experience, if the write speed is less than about 9.8MBps, the Phantom's buffer can fill up causing Litchi recordings to stop & start.

The "bad" Sandisk Ultra Plus card had a write speed of 7.89MBps. It wouldn't work in a GoPro Hero 4 Session either...continual lockups.

My "good cards" have write speeds from 22.4 to 38.5MBps although one card writes at 9.97 and never causes a problem. All cards I tested have read speeds from 34-40MBps...but reading is not the issue.

Turfstuf ,thanks for the information .I am away at the moment I will look into that when I get back I might buy a couple of new ones as well .

Tevek, I have a Samsung Tab S 8.4 I really like the brightness of the screen and lightness of the tablet .Sadly the reliability ( this is my second one ) is not equal to the iPads ?
I like Google maps since Here maps show our whole place as a one great featureless green expance. I'm using Litchi most of the time in FPV or missions so its Google maps without the trouble with the GO app anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj