Litchi Upload Fail?

Reaction score
I had 3 missions with Litchi today. First two went great, the 3rd never really happened. All 3 were different missions.

I realized that on my 2nd mission when I went up to 100 feet, went to upload it, I forgot to switch it to F mode to upload it...and it reminded me I need to do that. Upload went great, and a great mission.

The third mission I went up to 150 feet, switched to F mode and got a "upload failed" message. I tried it again, and go the same thing. I was a little spooked at that point and just brought it back down.

Now that it's safe on the ground again, I was wondering, is there a height/distance that you have to be within to upload the mission?

I'm sort of hoping so, otherwise, I don't like things just not working. It makes me nervous! :eek:

Yeah nothing concrete but I would say there is. I've had missions fail because the bird was too far from me. Brought it closer and it worked. I've had failure for other reasons too though. Most recently it was due to a bad save or something. I went to run said mission and there were two with the same name.... Neither would run. Still don't know why that happened.

I have lost connection a time or two when switching from DJI Go to Litchi ios beta. I almost always launch with Litchi at a low altitude like 5-6 ft then go to F, start the mission and let it ascend to go to first waypoint.

I have never actually ascended to more than 15 ft or so before initiating the mission.

I haven't had that happen yet. I use IOS 1.3.1 at the moment. I always go up around 70' or so, above everything I need to and kinda close to the starting waypoint and height so it doesn't have to fly a bunch to start the mission.

Reactions: Pharm
I think, but am not sure, that the flight that worked I was about 15 feet from me, switched to F mode and uploaded the mission, I then flew to 100+ ft and pressed "go"

The second mission that didn't work, I think I flew to 125 feet, switched to F mode and tried to upload, and it didn't work.

If it wasn't windy here today, I would try it, but it looks like I'm grounded because of winds for the next 2 days.

Also, I'm on Android running the latest version.

Recheck your mission settings if there is an error the mission will report failed to upload. It could be anything with mine it was associated with different points being at heights the drone can't fly too in such a small time frame. In the latest version of litchi it now reports the problem for you to fix so try update to latest version

The mission wont upload if your alttitude is too high,Try starting the mission from a lower altitude.

I had experienced it in 1.3.1, but not beta version 1.4.0.
I always start my missions from the ground vs mid flight.
I presented this error to Litchi and their reply in part said that it was a meaningless error that was caused by DJI SDK. That being said, I think they needed a better description of the error and I have sent them that with a screenshot. Beta version 1.4.0 did not state this as a corrected error, but perhaps it did fix it. I will continue to attempt to duplicate or watch for it in beta version, but again, it has not reoccurred.
With regards to duplicate names, I have one duplicate mission, lake vs Lake. I have not concluded if this is because one is uppercase L vs lowercase l.

I had experienced it in 1.3.1, but not beta version 1.4.0.
I always start my missions from the ground vs mid flight.
I presented this error to Litchi and their reply in part said that it was a meaningless error that was caused by DJI SDK. That being said, I think they needed a better description of the error and I have sent them that with a screenshot. Beta version 1.4.0 did not state this as a corrected error, but perhaps it did fix it. I will continue to attempt to duplicate or watch for it in beta version, but again, it has not reoccurred.
With regards to duplicate names, I have one duplicate mission, lake vs Lake. I have not concluded if this is because one is uppercase L vs lowercase l.
Good to know. I have been just adding a number at the end of the name like St J Church 1, St J Church 2. I will let you know how that works. I'm guessing fine because they are different enough.

Could unknown duplicates be the result of a public mission that someone tweaks and renames? No, right?

I'm using Litchi with Asus Zenpad C7.0 and I can't upload my mission. It says uploading but the stays at 0%. I was about 10 feet from the aircraft. I tried a few more times tu upload but still unable to fly according to the mission. Later I swap the Asus Zenpad with Sony Xperia Z1 and it manage to upload the mission without any problem. I tested the waypoint and orbit mission. It went smoothly without any problem.
I can't figure out why Litchi doesn't work properly with Asus Zenpad C7 to upload the missin. Is it hardware or software related issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav