Litchi Track mode (follow)fails after a while

Reaction score
Hi !
I am having some troubles when in track mode (follow) my P3 pro follows the target but stop some meters after and ends up by losing the Target ...
Saying a message i berely hear such as " ...fails due to a lower confidence...Target lost "
The frame on the Target was green, goes orange and finally red
Is there Someone who can help me

I have had that. It helps to keep the drone down close to the subject.

Like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the heights are approxivemately the same both on your video and my today's try...but in your video the drone is still tracking the subject

I've been testing this in Litchi and have seen the same thing. My last testing showed better results though. I will say that I think Vertical Studio's tracking is much better.

I've been testing this in Litchi and have seen the same thing. My last testing showed better results though. I will say that I think Vertical Studio's tracking is much better.

What do you mean by vertical studio ?
Another phantom app ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw that it's a drone app... But does the drone move alone when tracking or not ?
I have downloaded the trial version but before upgrading to pro version i have to know if the drone follows itself the subject when in auto-track

Best are yours

I saw that it's a drone app... But does the drone move alone when tracking or not ?
I have downloaded the trial version but before upgrading to pro version i have to know if the drone follows itself the subject when in auto-track

The drone will not automatically follow the object as Litchi does. I'm still doing some testing but at least so far I don't think the following and tracking works that well in the real world. Of course the option is always good but it's limited and I think will result in a lot of crashes.

If you jump to 1:10 in this video you will see an example of VS tracking and manual flight. There would have been no way that Litchi tracking and following would have worked in this situation. It would have quickly lost the subject and then just hovered.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can make it follow you/focus on you if you enable the "Trails" functionality in the app. First make a square tracking, then enter the map where you draw a course in your direction that the drone follows while you are in the center. Then enter desired speed, and press play. Nice for flybys, diagonal orbits etc.

I agree that Vertical Studio trakcing is way better than litchi, at least on P3 with iPhone 6.

Last edited:
U guys really think VS is better at tracking? I don't use Litchi at all, but I did try VS tracking when it first came out and it didn't do so well. It lost the person being tracked after only a few seconds. I was just using the free/trial version because I wanted to see how well it worked before I bought it, to anyone out there who have tried the trial version and then bought the full version of VS, do you notice any difference as far as the trial and version you pay for, meaning if I pay for it does track better??

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think it is drone + pad/phone dependant with litchi, I have seen videos with good results on tracking, but as if now VS works better with my setup (p3s iphone 6)

I think it is drone + pad/phone dependant with litchi, I have seen videos with good results on tracking, but as if now VS works better with my setup (p3s iphone 6)

I have a P3P and I use iPad mini 3 wifi/cellular, u would think it would work with my setup. The follow function in the Go App works great, but that entails you having to basically hold the remote and tablet in order for it to follow/track u, and cellular turned on for it to work, which means using data on my plan. I give VS a shot again, but still wondering if the paid version works better...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi guys, hope this is the right one to post on, I've just brought the litchi app after reading so much about it & couldn't wait to try it, especially tracking mode. so I started flying around normally everything was working ok, so I got a family member to stand in front of the drone and I went into the tracking feature, I highlighted them in the box and it just went all crazy by itself. The gimbal went straight down, it then started spinning around by itself as if its out of control, I had no response from the controller as I'm trying to power down the props, so at this point I was panicking so I grabbed the legs & as I did the drone tried to increase power by itself I just held on, all I was thinking that this is going to fly away & I cant control it. After what seemed ages ( about 2mins) of holding down the left stick to try & power down it finally shut down. I did power down everything (bird P3A, controller & ipad mini2 ) rebooted everything and it still flies ok in normal mode but I'm scared to try anything else. Can anyone out there help me & tell me if I done anything wrong, or set something up wrong as I don't want a fly away. many thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.