Litchi speed issue

I wouldn't blame Litchi. I'm going to guess that as the battery charge lowered, the aircraft limited its thrust ability to preserve the battery strength. A low temp would also promote this.

Having an elevated battery temperature could also cause the aircraft to reduce propulsion output. You can check your battery logs at healthydrones and see if you came near 60C.

Anyway, while in the middle of the mission (and if the aircraft is still within RF range of the controller), you can increase the speed of the aircraft in real time by pushing the right stick up. In your settings, you can speed it up to a max of 54kph. You can also slow it down the same way, by pulling the right stick down. It's possible that you may have inadvertently moved the right stick down on its way back, causing the aircraft to slow down.

The battery graph is missing 8 minutes, which is weird. That's why there was an apparent jump in temp... you're compairing the temp from 4:40 to 12:40.

The battery temp is fine, from what I can tell. We have a significantly warmer climate (37C in the shade). The hottest my battery ever reached was 57C, but They typically average 55C when I land .

So you were on a gs mission and at some point below 30% it initiated rth? If that is the case then I beleive this is normal, the speed that is, and part of firmware, I will see if I can find where I read this on litchi's Google group forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wind speeds. The speed of the p3s is only 35mph, I have gotten mine up to 41mph in a wind current. You probably caught the wind ride in one direction and fought the wind back in the other direction. In the wind battle it would put a strain on the battery causing it to heat up and die quickly. Just a theory.

Reactions: m0rph
Here is what you need to look at the red indicator on the timeline on the mission, even though you have lb set to 20%, if the mission calculates in the red as safe return home and you hit that mark the bird will rth irregardless of LB

Also there is no way to override this behaviour

Also when this occurs the speed in rth is limited.

M0rph, sorry you are right my guess was incorrect. As information you should take a look at this thread. Google Groups

Reactions: m0rph
When you checked windspeed did you check both ground level and at the altitude you flew?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.