Litchi shut down mid mission.

Reaction score
I flew a 1.4 mile Litchi mission. Perfect. No issues. Flew same mission the next next day at the same time. Lost signal, mission continued and got signal. Lost signal again. I just waited for its return. I could hear it but it wasn't moving. Then Litchi shut down. Black screen. I opened it back up, disconnected. Couldn't get it to sync. Started to panic a little.
Finally hit return to home. it did.

That is an odd sequence of events, and very unnerving. Hope I don't see this happen. No idea what would cause this type of anomaly. Hope someone has an idea of how to prevent such an occurrence. I use Litchi every day, and would definitely panic if this happened.

I flew a 1.4 mile Litchi mission. Perfect. No issues. Flew same mission the next next day at the same time. Lost signal, mission continued and got signal. Lost signal again. I just waited for its return. I could hear it but it wasn't moving. Then Litchi shut down. Black screen. I opened it back up, disconnected. Couldn't get it to sync. Started to panic a little.
Finally hit return to home. it did.
The lost signal shouldn't be factor, nor do I think the program crashing is related since it sounds like the mission aborted itself before the crash.

There could be a clue in your flight log and/or .dat file (directly off the aircraft). First thing I would look for is a GPS issue. Take a look at your satellite numbers.

Once you upload your Litchi mission, it's guiding the craft. You can set your controller down and drink a brew. You said your could "hear the motors, but it was not moving" Highly unlikely unless you had visual. It is common, not uncommon to lose signal on long missions due to line-of-sight obstructions. But as the programming is in the craft, the only issue is your lack of confidence. Litchi will finish the mission and land at the start point (or where you programmed it to.)

Sorry, but that is not what happened. I had flown this route the day before. The drone was 3 minutes late upon return, and the the battery was near exhaustion.

Hmm... maybe similar.

New to drones & litchi, I set up a litchi mission, lots of close parallel lines, loaded it onto my Mavic Platinum Pro, so that as goinup says, I could release the controller and just watch it. The day was pretty windy, but nowhere near the drone's top airspeed. The drone went up, did a few of the parallel lines, seemed to get blown off course, took several minutes to resume course, got blown off again, never found the rest of the course. IIRC I pressed RTH.

I'd kinda thought it would follow a path, ie the lines, but on reflection, I'm guessing if it goes off course, it'll head straight to the next waypoint. But somehow it didn't. Since then, in low wind, I've had no problems. But why it behaved as it did, no idea.

BTW if you pressed RTH I guess you did have at least that much signal.

Also, your use of the word mission. If you'd loaded the litchi mission, then it lives in the drone itself, and loss of signal shouldn't have mattered. If you were just trying to control it in realtime like the DJI app, then signal loss is an issue.

Losing signal - IIRC there are options for different kinds of signal. Long time ago, I just chose the best one for distance, can't remember the options.

Were your waypoint settings at high altitudes (300+ ft) ? WInds aloft can do the nasties to DJI batteries. Nonetheless, if your GPS functioned properly, that bird will fly to the last waypoint unless obstructed by an object (or high winds). Was it at the last waypoint when you "heard it" - your mission ending config might have been "hover" .... mine always is. RTH happened either because you pressed the button or the battery got to its critical point and did an auto rth if that was the way the app was configured. She came home ... do some small visual flights to restore confidence which I'm sure is somewhat shaken at this point.

Sorry, but that is not what happened. I had flown this route the day before. The drone was 3 minutes late upon return, and the the battery was near exhaustion.
Sounds like a problem w/in-drone circuitry. I suggest sending it in to a DJI approved repair facility near you for evaluation.

I've had a Litchi mission stop at one of the waypoints. With 20-20 hindsight, I think it did not upload correctly (the mission usually takes maybe 5 seconds to upload, and this time it seemed to be quicker) it set off OK (auto take off), but got to (or near to) a waypoint and just hovered. Litchi is usually infallible having done literally hundreds of missions, other than focus issues (on my Mavic Pro, I always have to autofocus in the camera menu, or the focus is way off) This shook me a bit, and I'm increasingly certain that the mission did not load to the drone correctly, all subsequent missions have been perfect again. I'm trying to record enough for a seasonal time lapse over a woodland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.