Litchi Recording Stops

Reaction score
Afternoon Folks :)

Quick question, I have a 128GB Extreme card (SD) - a really fast one, (it cost $350AUD) that I can record at 4k / 48fps perfectly when flying around using DJI GO. When using Litchi in the Orbit mode i noticed the card can't keep up, it keeps stopping the recording saying it cant write to the card fast enough. if I drop back to 4k / 24fps it works perfectly. General flying it will record all day. I wonder if its a resource issue? like the drone is busy working out the route so it doesn't have time to write to the card as quick?

Any ideas folks?

Cheers
Jason

Does that happen with other fast cards too? I had one Sandisk Ultra Plus rated for reasonably fast writing for a U1 card but it couldn't keep up. Litchi would record a few seconds of a mission then flip back-and-forth from, "recording stopped," to "recording started."

À couple other U1 cards had no issues, even a generic Micro Center card worked fine.

I downloaded a Windows-based SD card speed test utility and recorded the read & write speeds for all my cards. The slowest was the Sandisk Ultra Plus at 7.89 MBps (caused recording issues). However, the Micro Center card was only slightly faster at 9.97 and worked fine. The Sandisk Extreme Pro U3 writes at 38.5 and works fine too...as it should!

Only saying this to point out that you might want to test that big card and compare its write speed to other cards that keep up-- if you have any.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav