Litchi question

Reaction score
I have planned a Litchi mission by cruising towards a dam (approx. 130 below the top) and rising above it, continuing on past the top for approx. 1/2 mile and then returning to the starting point. The starting point is below the dam, thereby putting me out of LOS after reaching the top. It is my understanding that Litchi will complete the mission and return to the home point even with loss of signal from the RC. I plan to have a spotter on top of the dam and the mission will be flown with no risk of human interaction. Am I ok with this? I will do a trial run at low speed in advance. Thanks for your input.

Did you design this mission on your phone/tablet using the Litchi app or did you use the Litchi Mission Hub (www.flylitchi.com)? If the latter, you can share that mission's URL and we could take a look at it. Otherwise, post a screen shot of the flight path/details, etc. and we will better be able to answer your questions ...

As long as you maintain a GPS connection, Litchi will fly the mission autonomously. If you lose GPS, well that's another situation entirely.

I am trying to learn more about the phantom operating in the vertical space too. The manual says the P3P will climb max at 5m per second ... but I need to verify this .. there are a ton of variables as well (wind, density altitude, battery, etc.) ...

Let's see the mission ...

Reactions: M1shootr
Did you design this mission on your phone/tablet using the Litchi app or did you use the Litchi Mission Hub (www.flylitchi.com)? If the latter, you can share that mission's URL and we could take a look at it. Otherwise, post a screen shot of the flight path/details, etc. and we will better be able to answer your questions ...

As long as you maintain a GPS connection, Litchi will fly the mission autonomously. If you lose GPS, well that's another situation entirely.

I am trying to learn more about the phantom operating in the vertical space too. The manual says the P3P will climb max at 5m per second ... but I need to verify this .. there are a ton of variables as well (wind, density altitude, battery, etc.) ...

Let's see the mission ...
I have designed it on the hub. I have flown half of the mission (to the dam] in person. I will share it on the hub now. It's under "Mohawk super", in

Interesing ...here's what input I have. Do you know the height of the dam as it pertains to WP #1? Also, I see you are ending your mission some distance away from WP #1 also. What setting do you have for the end of the mission? (Hover, land, reverse, etc.) Anytime mission planning involves some significant altitude changes, I get very careful. I usually fire up Google Earth, lay out a path (relative to the ground) and check the terrain/altitude changes by importing the path file into Litchi. If you haven't done this, there are a number of YouTubes vids on this .. very straight forward and a good way to plan with Litchi. It will create the waypoints for you by importing the KML file into the hub with the appropriate changes in altitude.

Last, you have to take into account the speed of the bird as it tries to make changes in altitude. Could be treacherous!

Good luck!

Reactions: M1shootr
Interesing ...here's what input I have. Do you know the height of the dam as it pertains to WP #1? Also, I see you are ending your mission some distance away from WP #1 also. What setting do you have for the end of the mission? (Hover, land, reverse, etc.) Anytime mission planning involves some significant altitude changes, I get very careful. I usually fire up Google Earth, lay out a path (relative to the ground) and check the terrain/altitude changes by importing the path file into Litchi. If you haven't done this, there are a number of YouTubes vids on this .. very straight forward and a good way to plan with Litchi. It will create the waypoints for you by importing the KML file into the hub with the appropriate changes in altitude.

Last, you have to take into account the speed of the bird as it tries to make changes in altitude. Could be treacherous!

Good luck!
Altitude is at least 50' above all obstructions. End of mission is return to home at last waypoint. I have flown over this and my altitude settings are safe. I plan to run the mission at around 2 mph with a spotter at the top of the dam and my finger on the mode switch on the first run. I may run half the mission going to just above the gatehouse in one clip and the second leg from the top on so I maintain VLOS. Thanks for bringing up some very good points.

Reactions: Avocet
Altitude is at least 50' above all obstructions. End of mission is return to home at last waypoint. I have flown over this and my altitude settings are safe. I plan to run the mission at around 2 mph with a spotter at the top of the dam and my finger on the mode switch on the first run. I may run half the mission going to just above the gatehouse in one clip and the second leg from the top on so I maintain VLOS. Thanks for bringing up some very good points.
I will be interested to hear what happens exactly at the last waypoint where Litchi executes a RTH. I have only use "hover" at missions end so as to take manual control of the return to terra firma (on my terms!). It will be interesting to see how Litchi manages the altitude from the last waypoint back down to WP#1. Keep us posted!

Looking at the mission, my only concern would be the height of the object between waypoints 10 and 11. It looks like some sort of structure? The ground elevation at all waypoints from 1-9 are 2m below take off point so no issue there, however you have to fly over that structure before the next waypoint which is 23m above the take off location. At that waypoint (11), you will be at 57m from the take off point or in real terms, 34m above 'the ground'. If that structure is about 20m you could be in difficulties if there are any variances or errors in the accurate height.

I'd add in an extra waypoint right above you to finish, tell it to hover and take control manually to bring it down.

Reactions: Peio64270
I will be interested to hear what happens exactly at the last waypoint where Litchi executes a RTH. I have only use "hover" at missions end so as to take manual control of the return to terra firma (on my terms!). It will be interesting to see how Litchi manages the altitude from the last waypoint back down to WP#1. Keep us posted!
I've used RTH after last waypoint on several missions. it works like this, If RTH altitude is higher than current altitude, the bird climbs to RTH height and flies in a direct line to home then lands. IF RTH height is lower than current height, the bird stays at the current altitude and flies home. It has worked perfectly for me each time. BTW, I am using Litchi on an iPad mini 4.

I've used RTH after last waypoint on several missions. it works like this, If RTH altitude is higher than current altitude, the bird climbs to RTH height and flies in a direct line to home then lands. IF RTH height is lower than current height, the bird stays at the current altitude and flies home. It has worked perfectly for me each time. BTW, I am using Litchi on an iPad mini 4.
Richard, does Litchi RTH auto land after arriving at the home point?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20