Litchi question

Reaction score
How low have you set waypoints? Would you trust it to fly say 10 feet over water? Now that we can disable VPS, I was wondering how stable of a flight that would be.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, I would not trust that at all.

The default minimum setting is 16' but you can change this in the app settings. Litchi & the Phantom seem extremely precise but you are cutting things close @ 10'.

I just finished a new flight called "Follow the Leader." A pair of P3 Standards flew a 7.2 mile, 75 waypoint formation flight. Bunches of complex turns & altitude changes. Not 100% perfect but VERY close. 10'? I would test this close over soft earth before doing it over water.

How low have you set waypoints? Would you trust it to fly say 10 feet over water? Now that we can disable VPS, I was wondering how stable of a flight that would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: pomonabill220
I would think depending on if it's a lake or ocean. The level would fluctuate. High/low tide. And lake levels are always going up or down. So how would you know how high your really setting the altitude with the VPS off. And also how do you turn off the VPS

I would think depending on if it's a lake or ocean. The level would fluctuate. High/low tide. And lake levels are always going up or down. So how would you know how high your really setting the altitude with the VPS off. And also how do you turn off the VPS

There is an option on the Litchi app to turn off the VPS. The reason for turning off the VPS is that the VPS is easily confused by water.

There is an option on the Litchi app to turn off the VPS. The reason for turning off the VPS is that the VPS is easily confused by water.

Ah yes. I forgot we were talking about Litchi app. I know you can turn VPS off on there

I just finished a new flight called "Follow the Leader." A pair of P3 Standards flew a 7.2 mile, 75 waypoint formation flight. Bunches of complex turns & altitude changes. Not 100% perfect but VERY close. 10'? I would test this close over soft earth before doing it over water.

What makes a turn a "complex turn" in Litchi? I've setup a few missions with a point of interest at each waypoint. Or, do you configure something different such as a rotation?

I would not do that. I tried to get it to start a waypoint mission over my house yesterday, and it was supposed to start 10' above my roof, and I ended up having to manually stop the mission 2' from my roof...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: WWK888
Not sure what you mean by complex turn? I usually set POIs on things I want to focus or pan at as I flyby then plot out my route. Sometimes I'll use a POI to make the Phantom do a rotation in a specific direction & let Litchi handle the yaw. On a complex flight it usually takes trial & error along with a few test flights to get things right.

Whenever watching a video I am constantly reevaluating & thinking of stuff to add or modify. I'll tweak & save each iteration with a new version number so I always have the old versions. "The Baltimore Run" is currently at version 2.5. Trying to get timing down for the Squadron version was proving problematic with one bird yawing & panning while the chase bird flew straight ahead. Yawing slows the bird slightly & the chase bird kept overtaking & passing the leader. What I finally did for "Follow the Leader" was remove the yawing from bird #1 & just let them both fly straight. Problem solved!

What makes a turn a "complex turn" in Litchi? I've setup a few missions with a point of interest at each waypoint. Or, do you configure something different such as a rotation?

Last edited:
Reactions: jogforfitness
Dirty Bird, you originally mentioned performing complex turns in an earlier response. I understand now.

On a different note, City's should hire you to promote their beauty. I bet you could do incredible work in downtown Pittsburgh. The bridges, rivers, stadiums, buildings, etc. with lots of peaks and valleys. Keep up your creative ways.

Thank you. Now I just need a Nationwide unrestricted flight permit! :cool:

Dirty Bird, you originally mentioned performing complex turns in an earlier response. I understand now.

On a different note, City's should hire you to promote their beauty. I bet you could do incredible work in downtown Pittsburgh. The bridges, rivers, stadiums, buildings, etc. with lots of peaks and valleys. Keep up your creative ways.

Reactions: jogforfitness

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj