Litchi problem calibrating compass on my Phantom 4

Reaction score
Cannot calibrate Phantom 4 compass using Litchi. I get error 1008 message every time. I exit Litchi, go into DJI Go 4 app and calibrate then back to Litchi. I close out all apps after each exit. Any help?

I've never used Litchi to calibrate the compass but is there any problem with calibrating with DJIgo4?. Since it only needs to be calibrated once or until Go4 says it needs it again (like traveling a long distance between flights (miles)).

Geo

I've never used Litchi to calibrate the compass but is there any problem with calibrating with DJIgo4?. Since it only needs to be calibrated once or until Go4 says it needs it again (like traveling a long distance between flights (miles)).

Geo
DJI GO 4 calibrates fine. When I use Litchi it tells me to calibrate compass and I always get an error message. Right now I calibrate with DJI GO 4, then close that app and go to Litchi. Litchi still says I need to calibrate but I ignore since I've just calibrated with DJI GO.

DJI GO 4 calibrates fine. When I use Litchi it tells me to calibrate compass and I always get an error message. Right now I calibrate with DJI GO 4, then close that app and go to Litchi. Litchi still says I need to calibrate but I ignore since I've just calibrated with DJI GO.
The bigger question is, why is it teling you to calibrate?
Calibrating the compass isn't something you would normally have to do ... ever.
Whenever people think their Phantom is telling them to recalibrate the compass, the reason is either:
1. they have placed the phantom close to a lot of steel or an electrical cable or
2. a broken compass cable.

If it's 1, moving the Phantom away from the magnetic influence is all you need to do
If it's 2, nothing will help until the hardware is repaired

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.