Litchi pre-purchase advise.

Reaction score
I am looking at the Lichi app to run on my system :-

P3P - NVIDIA Shield K1 running on Android Marshmallow. (Currently works great on the DJI app)

Usually I buy things then afterwards I people say ohhhh dear xyz wont work on that setup etc or you would have been better waiting for X release or buying this other software instead.

So now I am asking before I buy............ Any reason I should not buy the Litchi App or things I should be aware of?

Litchi is not like buying a fortune, skip a lunch and buy it if you are convinced that it's useful product. It's a competitive world, new and better products will evolve. You should ask yourself why do you want to buy Litchi when you have free DJI Go App available to you.

Also buying Litchi is not end of the roads, you should be prepared to buy another later if you find a great interest in it due to an interesting feature.

I am looking at the Lichi app to run on my system :-
So now I am asking before I buy............ Any reason I should not buy the Litchi App or things I should be aware of?

It's not a lot of money and a new version was released just an hour or so ago whch makes it even more functional. It now has focusing and tracking (of GPS phone) which brings it into direct competition with Vertical Studio.
I use DJI Go, Vertical Studio and Litchi and they all have great features. Vertical Studio has the tracking and walls (great feature) whilst Litchi is excellent at pre-planning a flight, either on your iPhone or in your regular browser on a larger PC screen. After today's update, Litchi also provides tracking and focusing so that probably puts it ahead of Vertical Studio in terms of overall functionality. It's a big market so I'm sure all the developers will be enhancing their respective products over the coming months.
As far as things to be aware of with Litchi, I'd just say check and then double check all your waypoint altitudes before launching a mission.
As far as a purchase of Litchi is concerned, I'd say go for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shammyh and Frankc
I am going to put off buying Litchi for a little while. Got to work my way through the minefield of FPV goggles. So many, so much choice. Another reason for buying Litchi is the FPV mode on there.

Litchi is not like buying a fortune, skip a lunch and buy it if you are convinced that it's useful product. It's a competitive world, new and better products will evolve. You should ask yourself why do you want to buy Litchi when you have free DJI Go App available to you.

Also buying Litchi is not end of the roads, you should be prepared to buy another later if you find a great interest in it due to an interesting feature.

And as you suggest it's cheap... $500 - 700 drone, $15 popular app is a no brainer, at least to me.

I bought Litchi and have not really used it. I have a Samsung Tab 4 WiFi only. I have problems with litchi using pre cached maps. Kind of useless for setting waypoint. I tried follow me and I could not get my device GPS to jive with litchi aircraft GPS. It flew away about 75 feet thinking the controller was somewhere else. Plan to test it out some more but made me nervous. Even in hover it was not as stable as Go.

Yeah $20 is a lot, for an app. But $20 isn't much to spend when you're a Phantom 3 owner. I like Litchi for waypoint missions, you can design in the app or online at Mission Hub - Litchi

Should work great on a Shield tablet, I generally find Litchi to be more stable than the DJI Go app.

Watch some videos on YouTube to see how Litchi works before you buy.

It depends on what you will be filming. I use Litchi mostly for the autonomous features as they are far better than the DJI GO apps autonomous features. But for regular flights and stills I use the DJI GO app as I prefer the camera controls of it. The Litchi app is worth the money, I use it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" with Lollipop, your Shield should handle it fine.

I. love. litchi.

I've not used it for much more than waypoint missions but that alone was worth it. I like being able to control yaw and gimbal pitch while the phantom flies to the next waypoint. it's like having a robotic pilot and just needing to control camera angles as I wish. and if I don't want to do that, I'll just add POIs on the map before I even launch. and the fact that it will complete missions even when out of controller range is awesome although it's very scary the first few times letting it go blindly.

Reactions: AL T
The smooth turns that Litchi does are great too. If you tell it to do a 90-degree turn, it can smooth that out into a nice curve that would be very hard to do manually using the control sticks.

Yep getting more tempted by the day. Any of you guys used it in FPV? That is one of the reasons I am tempted. Set up some waypoints. Fly them. If it works just hand over control and watch through FPV, from what I hear it should be awesome. :)

Be careful what you advise. I spent ages looking at Autopilot. Very impressed.............................. until I found it does NOT do Anderiod phones/tablets. :)

should have asked me... I would have told you not to buy anything Anderiod.... I don't know of any software that works with Anderiod... phones or tablets... where do they use Anderiod equipment...

Well I bought the Samsung 6. Works great. Then I bought the Phantom and found I could use that phone on it. Phone a bit too small so I bought the NVIDIA Shield K1 never had a problem with it. Great screen etc.

Well I bought the Samsung 6. Works great. Then I bought the Phantom and found I could use that phone on it. Phone a bit too small so I bought the NVIDIA Shield K1 never had a problem with it. Great screen etc.
Didn't know those are ANDERIOD ;-)

Buy Autopilot... you can thank me later ;-)
Did they fix it yet? Does it still auto land your bird when it loses tx contact? Litchi keeps working even if you lose tx contact.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Having used both Litchi and Autopilot extensively and both Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and iPad... Litchi and Android wins every time in my book.

Reactions: Frankc
Buy it. If you don't like it, you have 2 hours to return it on Google play.

Be careful what you advise. I spent ages looking at Autopilot. Very impressed.............................. until I found it does NOT do Anderiod phones/tablets. :)

Whoa, I did not know that. Now I know why I bought Litchi. I love Litchi. After I bought Litchi, I heard about Autopilot. Now I'm happy I didn't buy it. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj