Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Litchi pause/resume

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by royster, Aug 11, 2016.

1. royster

I;ve haven't tried this, so maybe one of you have a quick answer: I flew a 15 waypoint one last night for instance & out of nowhere a low flying plane came along, looked very low, I a local farmers little single engine kit plane. I paused mission at waypoint # 5 until he was out of sight & flipped to P mode, flew her back manually to home. Could I have gone back to F mode & just hit "mission title" to start where I paused or would my bird have gone back to Waypoint #1 & started again?
    I seem to be running into (not littleraly) these little single seat home builts lattely, & not at 400' altitudes.
    I;m reading now the maximum height restrictions for UAV;s here in Canada is now 300'

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've not tried it on purpose yet and I don't have my P3 here at work to test but if memory serves me well (strong IF) when you switch flight modes you cancel the mission. I may test this after work to know for sure myself.

*following*

Pharm likes this.
  3. Pharm

To pause the mission, hit the pause button (the same one that you hit to start the mission). After it starts the mission, it should change to a pause button. Once it's paused, it'll turn back into a play button. Hitting it again will resume (not start over) the mission. Changing from F to P modes cancels and stops the mission. If that's done, pressing the play/start button will start the mission over. In other words, after pausing, don't switch to P mode. Leave it in F mode until you're ready to resume the mission. Since it's still using GPS, it should just hover until you resume.

#3 Pharm, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. royster

Thanks Pharm, I do learn something everyday about these machines.